MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Vienna Theme Support...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
You will need to edit the tipsy code in headerinclude template

$.fn.tipsy.autoNS and $.fn.tipsy.autoWE will choose where the tipsy will be placed depending where the link is.
Ok, doing changes.. will feedback on this :-)

<script type='text/javascript'> 
$(function() {
$("a").tipsy({gravity: jQuery.fn.tipsy.autoNS});
$("title").tipsy({gravity: jQuery.fn.tipsy.autoNS});
$("img").tipsy({gravity: jQuery.fn.tipsy.autoNS});
$("i").tipsy({gravity: jQuery.fn.tipsy.autoNS});
$("span").tipsy({gravity: jQuery.fn.tipsy.autoNS});
$("div").tipsy({gravity: jQuery.fn.tipsy.autoNS});
  });
</script>

what to replace it with ?
Not entirely sure, you'd need to play about with it or you could just use bootstrap tooltips which i use now.

http://getbootstrap.com/customize/

Just untick everything apart from tooltips and then download the zip.

Upload the files to your theme and link them, add the css.
DONE - "Just untick everything apart from tooltips and then download the zip"

Upload the files to your theme - What location ?
(After unzipping bootstrap.zip i got 2 folders & 1 file, css & js folder , config.json file.

And link them, add the css - How & where ?

Regards
Make a new stylesheet in your themes theme section, copy paste the css into it.
Upload the other files to your theme and link the js scripts in templates > your theme > Ungrouped Templates > headerinclude.

<script type="text/javascript" src="images/yourtheme/bootstrap.min.js"></script>

Just so you know this way you will need to add code to what links or buttons you want using tooltips using this code.

data-animation="true" data-toggle="tooltip" class="postbit_email tip-top" data-original-title="Tooltip on top"
It's way too much advance for me, better i find some work around i.e trim the hover text :<

Where is hover text to edit "Find all posts by this user" & "Send this user a private message" this hover pops inside threads postbit ?
Templates > Vienna > Postbit templates

postbit_find and postbit_pm
Strangely there was no hard coded text ,only code (postbit_find) i.e
<a href="search.php?action=finduser&amp;uid={$post['uid']}" title="{$lang->postbit_find}" class="postbit_find"><span>{$lang->postbit_button_find}</span></a>

I need to edit the hover text i.e "Find all posts by this user" & "Send this user a private message" to something shorter
Remove the {$lang->postbit_button_find} and replace it with shorter text

<a href="search.php?action=finduser&amp;uid={$post['uid']}" title="{$lang->postbit_find}" class="postbit_find"><span>Users posts</span></a> 
Thanks , i was about to do that,but looks awful that way,no other way to edit that already hard coded text from DB or some theme files !

thanks for coping such a long way with me ,you got lots of patience ..
Pages: 1 2 3 4