MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [split] Merging Kunena -> SMF -> MyBB 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hello there... I tested merging my kunena to smf to mybb locally. But im not sure with the database. Here is my problem. I'm happy to hear your suggestions. I'm going to convert it locally. I will close my kunena forum for the whole day then download a backup. After that i will convert it locally to smf then to mybb. After that i will backup mybb forum after i checked  everything is fine. Then upload it to my site just like uploading a backup of a site that crashed. I know that hostgator that i may ask them to restore my backup but im not sure if its ok if the backup of mybb will be restored  where my kunena forum is still alive.

I'm also afraid that i will get some mistakes creating the database locally that will cause a complication when i upload it at my hostgator.

The only small problem i have with the convertion is the pictures attached on the post are not inline. Those pictures are very important to my forum that they dont have to be clicked to see. What should i do with that? Do i just need to download a mod? How about the passwords? They(members) just have to click the forgot password after the error login?
loginconvert plugin (try the latest) is expected to take care of the passwords (I haven't converted SMF for MyBB 1.8)

user control panel has options (eg.) to show images, videos in posts.

you can also try running below SQL queries (guidance => common SQL queries)
ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` CHANGE `showimages` `showimages` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1';
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `showimages` = '1' WHERE `showimages` = '0';
(2015-01-20, 04:35 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]loginconvert plugin (try the latest) is expected to take care of the passwords (I haven't converted SMF for MyBB 1.8)

user control panel has options (eg.) to show images, videos in posts.

you can also try running below SQL queries (guidance => common SQL queries)

ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` CHANGE `showimages` `showimages` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1';
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `showimages` = '1' WHERE `showimages` = '0';

Sorry, im just a newbie with mybb. Where should i upload the loginconvert.php? After that i should execute the loginconvert.php?
^ location for loginconvert.php => MyBBforumFolder/inc/plugins/

it should be activated from the plugins page of MyBB forum admin panel
MyBB forum admin panel >> config >> plugins
(2015-01-20, 07:12 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ location for loginconvert.php => MyBBforumFolder/inc/plugins/

it should be activated from the plugins page of MyBB forum admin panel
MyBB forum admin panel >> config >> plugins

thanks. I checked the user cp and it shows how many attachments are allowed but what im saying was when i converted it from smf to mybb the attachments are the same, unlike when it was in kunena that are  inline.  About running the queries. which database's file name should i choose and edit for this? thank you

PHP Code:
ALTER TABLE mybb_users CHANGE showimages showimages tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '1';
PHP Code:
UPDATE mybb_users SET showimages = '1' WHERE showimages = '0';

by the way, even when i converted kunena to smf  the passwords were not recovered that the members still have to choose the forgot password but i converted it quickly to mybb. Do you mean if i use this converter all the passwords of my members in Kunena will still be the same? Sorry if i ask too much details.
^ obviously you have to select the database used for MyBB forum to run the SQL queries.

can you post how the attachment code looks like on a message of converted MyBB forum
(2015-01-20, 07:32 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ obviously you have to select the database used for MyBB forum to run the SQL queries.

can you post how the attachment code looks like on a message of converted MyBB forum

Sorry, i mean which file in my database? Can't understand what you mean of attachment code. Smile
if passwords were working in converted SMF forum then they are expected to work on MyBB converted forum.
that is, users passwords should be working on SMF forum before converting to MyBB

for the SQL queries please see common SQL queries guidance once again

if you are using phpMyAdmin then MyBB database should be opened (MyBB tables should appear at left side column)
When i was going to upload the loginconvert.php, i saw that there's the same file there. Should i overwrite it? The date in the file is october 2014.

ok thanks... ill try to do everything Smile
^ yes, you can overwrite it
first deactivate it from plugins page of forum admin pane. overwrite the file. then activate the plugin.
Pages: 1 2 3