MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [split] Merging Kunena -> SMF -> MyBB 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I went to the database and chose the mybb_user table and clicked sql then added this line but nothing changed with the attached pictures. Anyone who wants to see it still have to click the file and when you click, it will download the file.

UPDATE mybb_users SET showimages = '1' WHERE showimages = '0';
^ are you still working on local host server (in your computer) or working on the web ?
if it is on the web, would you like to PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & web host panel to check it
I'm still on local host to be sure. I'm done now with the plugin though i dont really know what it changed Smile I'm not really worrying with the password coz i know that they can use the forgot password. My main and last concern now is the pitcure attachments. It should be shown that they dont have to click it.
^ how does a post with attachment look like ? can you post sample content or image ..
do you use team viewer ?
If i get the answer now how to change it then ill convert now my live forum... Still crossing my fingers that we can fix this now Smile

Direct initialization of this file is not allowed.

Please make sure IN_MYBB is defined.

when i executed loginconvert.php
^ you have to activate loginconvert plugin from plugins page of MyBB forum admin panel
and there is no need to visit loginconvert.php file through your browser. that doesn't work.
ok. so i wont see anything. by the way im just so stupid worrying about the pics. Its in the cp > attachments. Sorry about that. So im ready to convert my real forum. I will close my kunena forum then download it. After i will configure everything then ill save the database. Then i will install mybb to the existing folder of my kunena. I dont know what im going to to with the database. Maybe this or ask the hostgator tech support to restore for me my database. I hope all seo wont get affected then welcome me to the mybb family! thanks

Restoring a backup with phpMyAdmin
1. To restore a database, you click the SQL tab (on newer versions of phpMyAdmin there is an "Import" tab).
2. On the "SQL"-page , unclick the show query here again.
3. Browse to your backup of the database.
4. Click "Go".

im done with the convertion and backup of the database. I import the database then installed mybb. I tried to upload the database through php myadmin but nothing changed. there was an error and the tech support ask me to change the 3 different prefixes to be the same but im having an error doing that so the tech support decided to create a ticket for me.

(2015-01-20, 09:58 AM)positivehighnewbie Wrote: [ -> ]ok. so i wont see anything. by the way im just so stupid worrying about the pics. Its in the cp  > attachments. Sorry about that. So im ready to convert my real forum. I will close my kunena forum then download it. After i will configure everything then ill save the database. Then i will install mybb to the existing folder of my kunena. I dont know what im going to to with the database. Maybe this or ask the hostgator tech support to restore for me my database. I hope all seo wont get affected then welcome me to the mybb family! thanks

Restoring a backup with phpMyAdmin
1. To restore a database, you click the SQL tab (on newer versions of phpMyAdmin there is an "Import" tab).
2. On the "SQL"-page , unclick the show query here again.
3. Browse to your backup of the database.
4. Click "Go".

im done with the convertion and backup of the database. I import the database then installed mybb. I tried to upload the database through php myadmin but nothing changed. there was an error and the tech support ask me to change the 3 different prefixes to be the same but im having an error doing that so the tech support decided to create a ticket for me.

I dont know what went wrong. This is my second kunena forum that i converted. When i was going to upload it now to my site, i noticed that all the avatars are gone.

Maybe i just have to repeat the installation
^ MyBB 1.8.x doesn't have avatars gallery feature. you have to use Avatar Gallery plugin
One last question. I copied the loginconverter code from your link and paste it in loginconverter.php in the mybb/inc/plugin but i deactivated it first before to do anything. Everytime i will activate the plugin then click the link or go to my local host site , my site doesnt show but when i deactivate it, it shows.

I tried to copy the loginconvert from my other forum then it's ok now. It was corrupted Smile
^ that should not happen. you can replace it with earlier file (available with MyBB merge package)
Pages: 1 2 3