MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts for MyBB 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
If you don't know already, yes - you can get MyAlerts working with MyBB 1.8. It requires you to edit three things.

First of all, if you don't have it already, grab a fresh copy of MyAlerts here:
https://github.com/MyBBStuff/MyAlerts

Click the "Download Zip" button on the right side.
Extract to an empty area, don't upload yet. We've got some work to do!

OPEN
inc/plugins/myalerts.php

FIND
        'compatibility' =>  '16*',

CHANGE TO
        'compatibility' =>  '*',

OPEN
jscripts/myalerts.js

FIND
jQuery.noConflict();

REMOVE
jQuery.noConflict();
(you should already have this in your headerinclude. it does not need to be parsed more than once.)

Now, upload the files. Once your done, head over to your Admin CP and activate the plugin.
Once activated, pay a visit to your current theme templates. 

You are looking for:
Home » Template Sets » -YOUR CURRENT TEMPLATE- » Ungrouped Templates

When you're there, find the headerinclude template, and open it up.

FIND
<script type="text/javascript">
if (typeof jQuery == \'undefined\') {
    document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src=\'http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.7.2.min.js\' type=\'text/javascript\'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
}
</script>

REMOVE
You should already be set up with jQuery ver=1800 in the upper part of the template.

MyAlerts should be working fine from this point on. It is for me.

[Image: myalerts.png]

Time to go get MentionMe working now. If I did not post this in the correct category, please move it. If this has already been posted somewhere, feel free to delete it. I started skimming through threads looking for the most active work on the plugin, and noticed someone mentioning it worked but the notification window wouldn't appear. This is a simple javascript edit.

EDIT:
Mention me works fine in 1.8. Just change the compatibility.
inc/plugin/MentionMe/mention_install.php

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/MentionMe
MentionMe uses Prototype for the code button and the auto complete; therefore those two functions cannot work in 1.8.
I am 100 % sure about your findings @whitey . In the 1.6 thread there are a no. of people who tried the GitHub version on their forums and came across some glitches here and there. I would not advise anyone using it on live forums until Euan declares it stable.
(2015-02-01, 11:42 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]MentionMe uses Prototype for the code button and the auto complete; therefore those two functions cannot work in 1.8.

I'm not so worried about the button or autocomplete - my board is not large and won't be, as every user already knows every user unless they just started. We're all familiar with each other.

(2015-02-01, 12:45 PM)meetdilip Wrote: [ -> ]I am 100 % sure about your findings @whitey . In the 1.6 thread there are a no. of people who tried the GitHub version on their forums and came across some glitches here and there. I would not advise anyone using it on live forums until Euan declares it stable.

I haven't found anything wrong yet. The one thing I've found was that MentionMe puts some funkiness into the Linear post style, but I ended up fixing that somehow, and I'm not sure how as it was 3am and this is the one thing you never do at 3am..
(2015-02-01, 04:42 PM)Whitey Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not so worried about the button or autocomplete - my board is not large and won't be, as every user already knows every user unless they just started. We're all familiar with each other.

This is the most important feature for me and my members. My board is not large but trying to remember every member and the proper spelling of some pretty unique names, spaces vs. no spaces etc., is quite a task. Once this and alerts are finalized, this will become the most complete board system.
When i get an alert i have white page and work only ACP. When i haven't got any alerts my forum works fine.

I'v got mybb 1.8.3 and edited MyAlerts with this tutorial
(2015-02-04, 02:42 PM)user25 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-01, 04:42 PM)Whitey Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not so worried about the button or autocomplete - my board is not large and won't be, as every user already knows every user unless they just started. We're all familiar with each other.

This is the most important feature for me and my members. My board is not large but trying to remember every member and the proper spelling of some pretty unique names, spaces vs. no spaces etc., is quite a task. Once this and alerts are finalized, this will become the most complete board system.

Yup, hence I stay on 1.6 until that is done. My members love MyAlerts + Mention me with the postbit button - I can't take that away Smile
Did this and now getting this error when I give thanks

"Fatal error: Class 'MybbStuff_MyAlerts_AlertTypeManager' not found in /home4/elitemon/public_html/sickkilledu.com/inc/plugins/thx.php on line 1212"

trying to get myalerts to work with hide until thanks.

Also my alerts was updated to v. 1.0.5

(2015-02-05, 02:23 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-04, 02:42 PM)user25 Wrote: [ -> ]
This is the most important feature for me and my members.  My board is not large but trying to remember every member and the proper spelling of some pretty unique names, spaces vs. no spaces etc., is quite a task.  Once this and alerts are finalized, this will become the most complete board system.

Yup, hence I stay on 1.6 until that is done. My members love MyAlerts + Mention me with the postbit button - I can't take that away Smile

Should have done the same Sad
Looks like the thanks plugin has been updated to use MyAlerts 2.0.0, which is still under development and changes how it works.
(2015-02-01, 07:22 AM)Whitey Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't know already, yes - you can get MyAlerts working with MyBB 1.8. It requires you to edit three things.

First of all, if you don't have it already, grab a fresh copy of MyAlerts here:
https://github.com/MyBBStuff/MyAlerts

Click the "Download Zip" button on the right side.
Extract to an empty area, don't upload yet. We've got some work to do!

OPEN
inc/plugins/myalerts.php

FIND
        'compatibility' =>  '16*',

CHANGE TO
        'compatibility' =>  '*',

OPEN
jscripts/myalerts.js

FIND
jQuery.noConflict();

REMOVE
jQuery.noConflict();
(you should already have this in your headerinclude. it does not need to be parsed more than once.)

Now, upload the files. Once your done, head over to your Admin CP and activate the plugin.
Once activated, pay a visit to your current theme templates. 

You are looking for:
Home » Template Sets » -YOUR CURRENT TEMPLATE- » Ungrouped Templates

When you're there, find the headerinclude template, and open it up.

FIND

<script type="text/javascript">
if (typeof jQuery == \'undefined\') {
    document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src=\'http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.7.2.min.js\' type=\'text/javascript\'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
}
</script>

REMOVE
You should already be set up with jQuery ver=1800 in the upper part of the template.

MyAlerts should be working fine from this point on. It is for me.

[Image: myalerts.png]

Time to go get MentionMe working now. If I did not post this in the correct category, please move it. If this has already been posted somewhere, feel free to delete it. I started skimming through threads looking for the most active work on the plugin, and noticed someone mentioning it worked but the notification window wouldn't appear. This is a simple javascript edit.

EDIT:
Mention me works fine in 1.8. Just change the compatibility.
inc/plugin/MentionMe/mention_install.php

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/MentionMe

is this stable to use on live version of 1.8
Pages: 1 2 3 4