MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyAlerts for MyBB 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2015-03-31, 07:55 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like the thanks plugin has been updated to use MyAlerts 2.0.0, which is still under development and changes how it works.

That is interesting, in my whole search yesterday never even came up with 2.0.

But is this where he is releasing it?
http://soportemybb.es/Tema-My-Alerts-2-0

Thanks for the reply also.
Nope that's the development verson nd as the post and final NOTE says it's only for test purposes and do not use on live forums until Euan T says it's secure to do it.

That version is a pack of all needed to make it works for test purposes and help to the author on find common errors or issues and report it.

You only have to download, test and report.

If you wish to have the latest release have to download from github as all core files needed. like MyBB stuff core and plugin library.

See yah !!!

NOTE: I share all files to test purposes for many mods like mention me, thanks system and others to make it works with MyAlerts too. MyProfile, etc...

But i have when first beta of 1.8 goes fine the 1.0.5 version of MyAlerts working on my site and pm messages works too on my site, but right now for me it's better to use the latest one because i make many core edits and works fine in all senses, but we stay alert when oficial released version goes out to up to date all plugins as we can.

That is my site so that's the reason that i know that !!!
(2015-04-01, 12:45 AM)Dark Neo Wrote: [ -> ]Nope that's the development verson nd as the post and final NOTE says it's only for test purposes and do not use on live forums until Euan T says it's secure to do it.

That version is a pack of all needed to make it works for test purposes and help to the author on find common errors or issues and report it.

You only have to download, test and report.

If you wish to have the latest release have to download from github as all core files needed. like MyBB stuff core and plugin library.

See yah !!!

NOTE: I share all files to test purposes for many mods like mention me, thanks system and others to make it works with MyAlerts too. MyProfile, etc...

But i have when first beta of 1.8 goes fine the 1.0.5 version of MyAlerts working on my site and pm messages works too on my site, but right now for me it's better to use the latest one because i make many core edits and works fine in all senses, but we stay alert when oficial released version goes out to up to date all plugins as we can.

That is my site so that's the reason that i know that !!!

Gotcha, my alerts was causing errors with my forum, jquery was acting up and was messing up thread creation and also dvz shoutbox. Had to remove some lines from headerinclude to fully uninstall it and everything is back to normal.
Thanks for the reply dark neo! Love your plugins! Only using thanks system right now though. Can't wait for updates to your other plugins!
Installed MyAlerts 2.0, got this:
MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'a.alert_type_id' in 'where clause'
Query:
SELECT COUNT(*) AS count FROM forum_alerts a INNER JOIN forum_alert_types t ON (a.alert_type_id = t.id) WHERE (a.alert_type_id IN (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) OR a.forced = 1 OR t.can_be_user_disabled = 0) AND t.enabled = 1 AND a.uid = 3 AND a.unread = 1;
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

Easy fix or should I forget about MyAlerts until upgrade comes...?

Devvie
I get a 500 internal server error when trying to access UCP and while this plugin is activated.
(2015-05-28, 05:24 PM)Edwin Wrote: [ -> ]I get a 500 internal server error when trying to access UCP and while this plugin is activated.

Check the error logs in your cpanel.
(2015-05-28, 05:51 PM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-05-28, 05:24 PM)Edwin Wrote: [ -> ]I get a 500 internal server error when trying to access UCP and while this plugin is activated.

Check the error logs in your cpanel.

When I followed the instructions for making this compatible with 1.8x, I was instructed to delete this:

<script type="text/javascript">
if (typeof jQuery == \'undefined\') {
    document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src=\'http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.7.2.min.js\' type=\'text/javascript\'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
}
</script> 

When I did, there was the 500 error and none of the JS worked on the site.

When I put it back, only UCP was having the error, and other JS worked on site.

I see nothing in the error logs. I just activated myalerts again and got the 500 error, checked the logs, and there's nothing recent there.

Well, ain't that a thing. Inexplicably, leaving the code I was supposed to delete in headerinclude I deactivated it, then reactivated it several times. It's working now.
might be best to add any issues to the github page: https://github.com/MyBBStuff/MyAlerts/tree/develop
Alright. It's installed. No errors. Ran the script and still no alerts for replies to threads. Any suggestions? Thanks! Smile

Ah ha. It only notifies on threads someone's created. Is there a way to make this a reply to any thread you're a part of, not necessarily the thread's creator?
It should alert you if you're subscribed to the thread, which can be done at the bottom of the thread page.
Pages: 1 2 3 4