MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Suggestion: Ideas Site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have a suggestion for that site. You should have both 'Thumbs Up' AND 'Thumbs Down' buttons for each suggestion. That way users can easily express distaste for a suggestion, something they may NOT want in MyBB. (Like Quick Thread!)

I think it'd offer a more balanced look at user's opinions, instead of just counting the number of people that want it. Seeing how many people wouldn't want it, or don't like the idea is also important.

At least, this is just my opinion~
If you read the discussion page for the Ideas site opening, you will find that a few of us have already suggested that. However, at this point in time we won't be implementing negative votes, so just leave your distaste as comments.
Sadly Chris has denied this request.
I'll again point out that sort of system is susceptible to abuse.
PHP_Paul Wrote:I have a suggestion for that site. You should have both 'Thumbs Up' AND 'Thumbs Down' buttons for each suggestion. That way users can easily express distaste for a suggestion, something they may NOT want in MyBB. (Like Quick Thread!)

Quick thread is just an idea. it would be quite good as plugin though
The thumbs up is just as susceptible to abuse though!
PHP_Paul Wrote:The thumbs up is just as susceptible to abuse though!
How could it be abused? You're just saying if you like it... you can only do it once.
PHP_Paul Wrote:The thumbs up is just as susceptible to abuse though!

No it's not. You can't abuse positive comments. It's only negative that you can abuse.
People could gang up and create a bunch of positive comments for a very stupid idea. Shy
hahaha... Toungue

* WDZ really wants to give some of these stupid ideas a negative... =(
Pages: 1 2 3