MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discontinue Calander
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I feel that not enough forums use the Calander feature for it to be included in 2.0, for people who wanted this they could do this with a plugin.
I have never used the forum calendar. Nobody ever reads it anyway. If an event is coming up, I would just post about the event in the relevant section.
Exactly, it's just a unused item IMO
I would like use it, but is too complicated for me. I would use if for example while I create a new thread I do have the option (like a checkbox) "add date and thread on the calendar", would be more immediate and easy.

Or if I could add only link to the thread on the forum in the title of event calendar.
The current calendar is too separate from the forum features; if it was integrated more then it is a useful feature.
In my opinion, having a calendar to keep track of deadlines and upgrade times for instance would be useful.
If there were to be a Calendar what I'd like to see is a sidebar with upcoming events.
I actually use the calendar quite a bit on my board. We're an RP forum, so we use it to keep track of activity checks or thread clean up days, as well as keeping track of in character events. I use a plugin to show the most recent upcoming events on the index. If it's going to be kept, I would agree with Leefish that it needs to be more integrated into the board.
I've never used the calender and never will. It's not needed.
I may have just used my mod powers to fix my vote when I accidentally tapped yes.

Don't look at the Who Voted thing. It's messed up now, but correct Toungue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4