MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help badly board not opening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hey all,

I am having a error when ever I open my site.

it says

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/home/users/cf/voldemort/www/www.desifun.up.md/inc/settings.php on line 117

So when I open settings.php there is

$settings['boardclosed'] = "no";

Need help

Ok I have sorted this out.

It has something to do with the ad code.
I am using the plugin inline ads and ads after the first post plugin.
Whenever I enter any code in ads after the first post plugin it never works but inline ads plugin seems to work till now but now it has failed too whichever of them I enter a adcode into they end up crashing the forum.

HELP
Tristam
tristam Wrote:Hey all,

I am having a error when ever I open my site.

it says

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/home/users/cf/voldemort/www/www.desifun.up.md/inc/settings.php on line 117

So when I open settings.php there is

$settings['boardclosed'] = "no";

Need help

Ok I have sorted this out.

It has something to do with the ad code.
I am using the plugin inline ads and ads after the first post plugin.
Whenever I enter any code in ads after the first post plugin it never works but inline ads plugin seems to work till now but now it has failed too whichever of them I enter a adcode into they end up crashing the forum.

HELP
Tristam

I have found that some plugins do conflict with one another (especially ones that handle the same type of thing) Try disabling one, then using the other and see what happens. It may be a case of you having to pick one to use.
I have disabled one but the other on also is crashing the forum.
Have you upgraded to 1.2.3? I'm discovering that some plugins have conflicts with the upgrade itself!
I haven't upgraded yet.
If you disable both plugins does the forum still "crash?"
The forum crashes only if I add some ad code there.Previously it was perfect I don't know what is the problem now.
Quote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/home/users/cf/voldemort/www/www.desifun.up.md/inc/settings.php on line 117

This is usually a problem in escaping strings.

Can you please show us the settings file after you activate any of the currputing plugins, and after setting its settings regarding this part? I wont ask you to search in that file for the plugin settings themselves it is easier for you just to copy paste the whole thing  here and cover any of the settings you don't want us to see.
I am attaching the file.

At the top there is the inline ads plugin's ad code.Which I removed because it was messing with the forum
I don't think i need the file without the inline ads plugin code settings thereBig Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5