MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: OUGC Feedback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Nice reading there Leefish. Makes sense to take IE more seriously now. It is not the same as it was back 2009 after all.

Fortunately for me the issue was the close on both FF and IE so the same fix applied. I have pushed an update.
(2015-03-16, 12:12 PM)ScSi Wrote: [ -> ]@Leefish; of course, the  statement above was more a joke rather than a real statement that I would drop IE support.

Still, I assume that if we fix it for FF, it will also be fixed for IE (as I recall, the function worked before)

Yes,I thought you were not serious, but sometimes newbies reading threads would not get that - and think oh ok, experienced chap ignores IE.

And you are right - IE is one rubbish browser. IE11 is throwing errors at me because of my HTML doctype "not being recognised" - it's HTML5.......
I just pushed a new update to this. Once again I changed how the modal windows work.. Everything seems to work as expected now. It is just the feecback.php page which needs finishing.

I added two new settings to hide the "Add Feedback" link in profile or the buttons in posts if multi-feedback is disabled. This is mostly to save a query if you don't mind showing up the button (modal error will show if the user clicks it anyways).
Hi Omar

the JS error seems gone (at least on IE8 - just tested). Will test IE11 and FF tonight. Thanks for all your efforts already. Will test it through and then open the board for beta testing!

Works flawlessly on IE11 and FF - thanks for all the help. Will do some more in-depth testing later.
hi Omar,

nice work on the feedback system. it'd be great if you could add a section for posting a link when someone gives feedback.
If you give feedback directly from a post the link is linked to it automatically.
(2015-04-17, 03:20 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]If you give feedback directly from a post the link is linked to it automatically.

nice.  how about if someone leaves feedback from within the user's profile?

found a small bug.  the plugin isn't parsing an apostrophe correctly, like so:

[Image: CJCY2UY.jpg]

I can post the bug on github later today.
Use stripcslashes on the variable and it should work.
Please post the bug in GitHub if you can and link to DragonExpert post i that is not much asking. I'm currently really busy and it is probably a front-end issue (not during data saving).

If you give feedback from a profile it is not linked to any post, just like the reputation system works.
looks like you already fixed it. nice.

Omar,

where can we toggle any settings to receive a PM/email once feedback is left? I have those options set in the back end, but I do not see anything for it the user profile area.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5