MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some suggestions for the upcoming MyBB 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2015-03-16, 08:16 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]As said in this thread: it hasn't been fully decided what will be used. Ckeditor is the preferred solution atm but if we notice that it's not possible to implement we'll surely use something else. MyBB 2.0 is a complete rewrite so we can do whatever we want Wink

what relation with 2.0 is a complete rewrite or not if mybb 2.0 will use same parse of mybb 1.8? http://community.mybb.com/thread-168414-...pid1147389
If use same parse, what writed in mybb 2.0 to plugin of cke work with 1.8 reciprocally.
unless you are wanting to change parse of mybb 2.0 with the phrase "we can do whatever we want" which would be one of the worst idea already suggested here.

I honestly do not know what you see so much good in CKE. It's full of bugs, much more than SCE. Personally it makes no sense..
If it was as good several attempts to bring CKE plugin for MyBB would have had much more success. But what I see is release with several bugs.

I also want to see if will have to start the editor in partial mode and source mode as it has in 1.8 with CKE.
Please use proper English, I can only understand half of what you wrote.

Again: it's a complete rewrite so basically everything will change. However the bbcode parser (means: the syntax of the bbcode) will stay the same. That doesn't prevent us from changing the editor.
(2015-03-16, 11:16 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]Please use proper English, I can only understand half of what you wrote.

Again: it's a complete rewrite so basically everything will change. However the bbcode parser (means: the syntax of the bbcode) will stay the same. That doesn't prevent us from changing the editor.

if use same parse syntax, what relation with 2.0 is a complete rewrite or not?
This will not make integration with CKE easier. What will be developed in 2.0 to CKE will work with 1.8 reciprocally with minor changes.

What I am trying to say that regardless of MyBB 2.0 is fully rewritten or not the work of implementing CKE will be same as implemented in 1.8. That is, it MyBB 2.0 is completely rewritten gives no advantage for CKE.

I'm just saying that because what you're saying seems that everything will be easier, why is rewriting fully. Personally this does not apply to things 3rd party.
Quote:Personally this does not apply to things 3rd party.

Still going to rewrite from scratch.  Wink

If it fits then good. If it doesn't then whatever, we will find one that does. Angel

The editor is not picket yet. Understand that.
so good luck...
i will not lost more time explaining that even MyBB 2.0 is rewritten from scratch, will not made integration with CKE more easy
martec, you're missing the point here. Rewriting isn't just about the BBCode/MyCode parser (side note: for the love of all that is holy, in 2.0, let's just call it BBCode instead of our stupid rebranding of it). Sure, it will keep many things the same like the syntax of the parsing. However, we're talking about supporting other things like Markdown because of its popularity, in addition to the fact that the code will be less of a spaghetti code mess than it is right now in 1.x. It's not just about the editor.

We need a full rewrite. Stupid little bugs exist with the current code base that we need to axe with well-reviewed and tested code from the broader PHP community. You haven't seen the 2.0 source yet, but it looks a LOT more understandable, IMO, than the 1.x mess.

So many things are subject to change that it's not worth worrying about it yet unless you're actually in the internal dev conversations Smile.
i know that 100% rewrite...
but what matter with editor integration is parse syntax... not other part of code.
Yes, and the same syntax is being kept. SCEditor has caused many headaches during 1.8, so we're looking at alternatives. We have not chosen which editor to use, but we are looking at others such as CKEditor, etc. Please understand that this does not mean we are definitely using CKEditor. It just means we are looking at it as an alternative.
(2015-03-17, 06:52 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]our stupid rebranding of it

I love our re-branding.  Smile
(2015-03-17, 07:44 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]SCEditor has caused many headaches during 1.8, so we're looking at alternatives.

what issue you saying?
this https://github.com/mybb/mybb/issues/1674 ? if so this is possible to solve...

for me not make sense use CKEditor.
What i remember not possible add partial mode in CKEditor if used as default full wysiwyg...
and mybb team already has solution to kown bugs of ckeditor?
Pages: 1 2 3 4