MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some suggestions for the upcoming MyBB 2.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
We appreciate your feedback Martect but please try to read what has been posted.

(2015-03-17, 07:44 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]We have not chosen which editor to use

(2015-03-16, 11:16 PM)Jones H Wrote: [ -> ]That doesn't prevent us from changing the editor.

(2015-03-17, 06:52 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]So many things are subject to change
(2015-03-13, 04:23 AM)tannguyen135 Wrote: [ -> ]SEO Features

I know this topic has been talked a lot through out the MyBB community and you guys also mentioned it in the #1 development post. I just wanted to remind you guys Smile

1. SEO Friendly title and URL
2. Auto generate description based on main post excerpt
3. Add rel-nofollow to subpages for categories display and post displays (only keep the first page indexable)
4. Add canonical tag to avoid duplicate contents.

1. Agree with friendly titles and URLs.

2. Need to know how to create excerpt, unless it's just the first x characters of the first post of the topic. I currently use a plugin to add a topic description.

3. Spiders need to get to subsequent pages to help with page rank.

4. Canonical tag is a necessity.
1+2+4 have already been confirmed: http://blog.mybb.com/2015/03/09/2-0-dev-post-1/ Wink
SCEditor is really buggy, many issues which I cannot reproduce - it is just random. No active development. I agree that mybb 2.0 should get better editor.

EDIT: Or at least fully working SCEditor
(2015-03-18, 04:57 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]SCEditor is really buggy, many issues which I cannot reproduce - it is just random. No active development. I agree that mybb 2.0 should get better editor.

CKEditor plugins has more bugs. All bugs can reproduced. Change to CKEditor is not solution. TinyMCE and WysiBB is out of the question.
Redactor is good solution, but paid and not has source mode. And output of this editor is in HTML and no to BBCode, will need write conversion to BBcode. Seems ATofighi writing something close https://github.com/ATofighi/HTML2BBCode . Although going to have to find a way to source mode anyway. Seems to have many options, but the fact that does not have.

If you can't reproduced what are you calling a bug in SCEditor, so this can not be called a bug.
Just I like said - SCEditor has no active development, MyBB 2.0 should use something working with good support from devs - this cannot be said for SCEditor
(2015-03-18, 07:16 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Just I like said - SCEditor has no active development, MyBB 2.0 should use something working with good support from devs - this cannot be said for SCEditor

Unfortunately it I have to agree. But unfortunately does not have much choice in the market.
Which editor is 1.8 using?
(2015-03-18, 07:23 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Which editor is 1.8 using?

SCEditor
(2015-03-18, 07:19 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-03-18, 07:16 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Just I like said - SCEditor has no active development, MyBB 2.0 should use something working with good support from devs - this cannot be said for SCEditor

Unfortunately it I have to agree. But unfortunately does not have much choice in the market.

Yes, I agree... I hope that MyBB team will choise the right option Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4