MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hello,

I am a complete newbie here at MyBB. I know HTML and CSS. Also JavaScript intermediate level.

Sorry if a opened this thread in wrong section.

But I want to learn MyBB and want to develop for them. Where can I start to learn about it and develop MyBB themes plugins etc.

I searched the web but didn't found anything useful. So please help me in this matter.

I want to be in MyBB developer staff. And want to contribute to the community.

Please Help

Thank You
:thanks: for reply crazy cat
but from where I start learning...
If you know html and css, theming isn't hard, you just go into your ACP, Templates & Styles, and start modify things at your liking.

You have most of the CSS on Global.css, and, in the templates section, you have all the templates divided by their specific part of the forum, like... header templates have all the templates related to the header itself (Header, Guest header, Member header, and links).
(2015-04-07, 03:39 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]If you know html and css, theming isn't hard, you just go into your ACP, Templates & Styles, and start modify things at your liking.

You have most of the CSS on Global.css, and, in the templates section, you have all the templates divided by their specific part of the forum, like... header templates have all the templates related to the header itself (Header, Guest header, Member header, and links).

Thanks for replying....

But I as you said I am trying doing so but menu icon are not showing properly....
while I am editing them....

mytest.icyboards.net

I have applied MyBBPro Theme....
^ just a note
if you want to learn by using test forum at icyboards then that is a difficult route!

you should use MyBB forum system in your computer (eg. by using XAMPP server)
(2015-04-07, 04:56 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ just a note
if you want to learn by using test forum at icyboards then that is a difficult route!

you should use MyBB forum system in your computer (eg. by using XAMPP server)

Thanks  Big Grin

I have installed Xampp on my system how can I use MyBB on my local system because some one tells me that mybb will install in domain path. That's why I used this.

Ok sorry for my bad English.

Tell me how can I use it on my computer.  How can I install Mybb On my PC so I can use it and edit theme, customize theme according to that.

Thanks In Advance  Smile
Just put the sources of mybb in a Xampp virtualhost (don't remember the directories tree), and open http://localhost/yourmybbvhost/

The domain will be localhost.
thanks installed mybb
but I can't create any thread
no option is available.
(2015-04-08, 05:51 PM)Gabbar Wrote: [ -> ]thanks installed mybb
but I can't create any thread
no option is available.

where are you trying to look at?
Pages: 1 2 3 4