MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: social media registrations/logins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm not sure if this has been requested or not yet. I think with how popular social media is today, it'd be ideal to integrate the ability to register/login on the forum using facebook, twitter, etc.
Should happen (if I'm not mistaken). Laravel's Socialite package should help considerably, and it's something I think the team understands the need for.
Yep, this is definitely planned. At the least we will likely support Facebook, Twitter ad Google with the option to easily add more (and future updates possibly adding more).
Hi,

Your feature suggestion has been accepted as a planned feature to be implemented in MyBB 2.0. Thanks for your contribution!
great!
Is there any way this feature could be extended to allow for restricting registration/logins to only be handled through OpenID? I believe this creates a good atmosphere and basis for communities that exist within larger communities.

For example, a community that requires you to have a GitHub account and link your GitHub account could do so very easily if this was implemented. I've seen features similar to this requested before, and it eliminates the possibility of password insecurities, etc.

The only limitation I can spot is that it would have to be a feature that is required to be enabled before anyone registers.
Hm, I guess we could. I've never really thought about such a feature or seen much of a need for it. If there's enough support for it from the community, I guess we can look into doing so.
Could there also be the option to disable using login/registration through social networks for sites that didn't want to allow this feature?
Of course. Available services will be able to be turned on/off individually so if you don't want any, just turn them all off.
(2015-08-23, 07:19 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, I guess we could. I've never really thought about such a feature or seen much of a need for it. If there's enough support for it from the community, I guess we can look into doing so.

I could see the use for 'sub-communities.' As in your community is a part of a larger whole, like a forum meant for YouTube users or for gamers who use Steam.
Pages: 1 2 3