MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Instalation help needed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sorry if there is some kind of FAQ thread I missed.

I am to be honest quite un-educated when it comes to website anything so bear with me. I am trying to install these forums on to my website I have gotten as far as this step: CHMOD the following files to 666 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to them).

./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php
./uploads
./uploads/avatars

So how do I do that? I really do not understand what they mean by this...
Check out some info on CHMOD here: [Wiki: Chmod] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
That doesn't really help me...its saying how to do it using Linux.

I am using Windows XP. I need to know how to first of all CHmod and second what it means by 666. Does it mean I need to CHmod to a folder I will create called 666?
MedusaMan which server r u using for uploading forum ? i mean u have Cpanel or can u do ssh to your site Hosting server??
If you run on windows, you usually don't need to touch the file system permissions Smile (chmod doesn't exist on windows)
^^ Uh what?

Oh, so what do I need to do? Like how do I install the forums?
You run the install script? (I'm not sure what else your asking)
Let me explain what I have done. Right now I have a forums folder created and I have the uploads folder and the php inside the forums folder. So what do I need to do next?
Visit the url to where you uploaded the forum and append install/index.php to the url and run that.

See here for more information on installing: [Wiki: Installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Cheers,
Tikitiki Smile
Alright so I see what I need to do, I keep trying to change the CHMOD things and it keeps saying "[20:18:44] 500 'SITE CHMOD 777 Upload': command not understood"

So what now?
Pages: 1 2 3