MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 2.0 Can Read or Support Files .xsl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2015-11-03, 01:29 PM)expat Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-03, 01:18 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-03, 01:02 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]I absolutely agree with your posts - the post by Nathan was quite out of line though in my opinion. It reads like MyBB is heading where the team wants it to and not to what the community needs. 

I'm sorry you misunderstood. What I meant was, in the scenario where it was implemented, the team wouldn't use it, let alone anyone else.

I have no influence on team decisions, I'm just a guy with some experience.

well it still precious on his part, the team decided on 
  • The Laravel PHP framework (specifically Laravel 5.1) will be used for backend development.
  • Twig will be the template engine.
  • 2.0 will use jquery 2.x as its base JavaScript library.
  • 2.0 will include full Search Engine Friendly URLs out of the box, along with meta tags and canonicals.
  • A WYSIWYG editor will be included with the option of disabling at the admin and user levels.
  • 2.0 will feature a new, modern, responsive theme.
  • An API will be available to make integration easier.
  • Improved User CP
  • Conversation PMs
  • New Profiles
  • Mobile Functionality
  • There will be modal boxes in 2.0 as Matt wrote in this post
  • Threaded mode will be removed.
Any community input? i doubt it Toungue

Oh yeah, I've never once asked for any of the community asking for any one of those things. Never have the community asked for conversations, SEO friendly URLs, better templating or mobile support. Why would anyone want any of that?!?

The decisions we have made have been made based upon both what our users have expressed interest in and what the team think is both suitable and feasible to add to the software.
Reading through this wires seem to have become crossed. MyBB is not saying we will actively never allow MyBB 2.0 to process XSL. What we're saying is, there is relatively little need to make it core. If there is a sudden demand of course it would be added, but until then it should be made as a plugin.

Think of it this way, what about if I want a tiny feature, used by only 3 people, and someone else wants a feature used by a few people and so on and so on until we have hundred of bespoke features used by relatively nobody. How is that useful to a general user? How is it useful for them to have 500 settings in the admin panel?

It's not. If a developer wants to, for some reason, code a theme using XSL, they'll have to make or find a plugin to display that correctly. If a user wants to install a theme that requires XSL then they'll have to install the relevant plugin.

As a development team we need to add the most requested features first, and the most useful. If we implemented 5000 features we wouldn't release 2.0 until 2025.
You want to make a theme using XSL? Upload a XSL file to your theme's base directory and modify the doctype header template to reference it! You want to use XSL to format your precious XML file of soccer stats? Upload that XML and XSL to your server and reference them directly (or include a 3rd party library to apply the XSL to the XML so you can use MyBB templates).
There are many opinions! 

Sorry for that people who writes opinion making despots post comments, that is not the way to provide support with despots and totalitarian responses! 

The Request is about the software...
a Request to add it to the files supported!

Just I wanted to make a suggestion that I found studying making plugins for MyBB.

- studying Plugin with Php & Sql
- studying Plugin Page simple Base
- studying with files Like XML ( Found a question and request as a user to MyBB, Simple! )

Best not to continue with the question, for sure I'll find a despot answer of a genius!
Maybe I move away, discouraged with some answers of support... better still I am studying without asking

And finally thanks alot for that people who toll me truly sincerely answers of the software.
many supported my question without agreeing.

Mybb.1.8 excellent forum software!
Thank you!

PD:
Nevermind, the Plugins with file XML can update with Style .CSS
No Problem

Life goes one...
Pages: 1 2 3 4