MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Duplicate post setting.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is there a way to remove the check for if a thread has a duplicate post?

I don't want this error message to come:

+++++++++++

There was an error posting your reply: You have already posted this reply to the specified thread. Please visit the thread to see your reply.

Any thoughts?
Bump?
I tried searching for the error message "You have already posted this reply to the specified thread. Please visit the thread to see your reply." in all files in the application, but am getting no results.
(2016-06-25, 06:12 AM)nuraman00 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to remove the check for if a thread has a duplicate post?

+++++++++++

There was an error posting your reply: You have already posted this reply to the specified thread. Please visit the thread to see your reply.

Any thoughts?

Hi there,

Looks like you haven't gotten a reply from MyBB Staff yet (small disclaimer I am not, have not, and probably will not be MyBB Staff but I'll do my best to help). The checks are built into the MyBB Core (all of the php files making up MyBB) while it's possibly it's not recommended to directly modify the MyBB Core Files unless you know exactly what your doing. Is there a reason that you need to double post the exact same reply on your fourm? Is there another issue?
(2016-07-02, 05:41 AM)MyZeus Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-25, 06:12 AM)nuraman00 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to remove the check for if a thread has a duplicate post?

+++++++++++

Any thoughts?

Hi there,

Looks like you haven't gotten a reply from MyBB Staff yet (small disclaimer I am not, have not, and probably will not be MyBB Staff but I'll do my best to help). The checks are built into the MyBB Core (all of the php files making up MyBB) while it's possibly it's not recommended to directly modify the MyBB Core Files unless you know exactly what your doing. Is there a reason that you need to double post the exact same reply on your fourm? Is there another issue?

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Sometimes we have long threads (dozens to hundreds of pages), and some short replies like "I agree" can cause this issue.

The forum where we used to be at didn't have this type of duplicate post check. We just moved to a MyBB forum 2 weeks ago.

I thought if this check was happening in one place, and I could comment it out, then it would resolve the issue.
./newreply.php:371

error($lang->error_post_already_submitted);

Comment this out and it won't error (can comment the whole block out too if you want to save running the query.
(2016-07-02, 09:22 AM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]./newreply.php:371

error($lang->error_post_already_submitted);

Comment this out and it won't error (can comment the whole block out too if you want to save running the query.

Thanks! That worked.

From this, it looks like it's checking whether the same message content was posted within the last 600 seconds, right? If so, and I brought this back, I would probably just lower this value.

It's not milliseconds, right?

$query = $db->simple_select("posts p", "p.pid, p.visible", "{$user_check} AND p.tid='{$thread['tid']}' AND p.subject='".$db->escape_string($mybb->get_input('subject'))."' AND p.message='".$db->escape_string($mybb->get_input('message'))."' AND p.visible != '-2' AND p.dateline>".(TIME_NOW-600));

^ yes, as you said it is seconds
Oh yes, I hadn't noticed that. Odd that that isn't configurable.

Make sure you make a note that you've changed it too, so if this file ever changes in a future update you can make your change again.
(2016-07-02, 05:22 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ yes, as you said it is seconds

Thanks.

(2016-07-02, 06:55 PM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yes, I hadn't noticed that. Odd that that isn't configurable.

Make sure you make a note that you've changed it too, so if this file ever changes in a future update you can make your change again.

Thanks, I added a comment describing why I was commenting it out.

Marking this as solved.
Pages: 1 2 3