MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb died
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
DennisTT Wrote:
vinoth Wrote:3. More themes.

www.mybbfans.com/community/contest-4.html

yes we are growing, but not yet perfect. before we go into our next level , let us make sure we are atleast somewhat perfect with a lot of additions in our database.

If developer edition is released more people could support the community members, we can make the developers be free for making them more concentrate on the coding part.
vinoth Wrote:If developer edition is released more people could support the community members, we can make the developers be free for making them more concentrate on the coding part.
What do you mean by that?
vinoth Wrote:If developer edition is released more people could support the community members, we can make the developers be free for making them more concentrate on the coding part.

The code is already open source, what else can make life easier? It just takes plain PHP knowledge to figure out what a specific part does.

Someone changed the title of this topic. phpBB didn't "die" and it won't! Afterall it's an opensource project.
I hope it does i hate phpbb and im quite glad that 2 people have left them. Just leave them in a strugle
Asad_Niazi Wrote:

The code is already open source, what else can make life easier? It just takes plain PHP knowledge to figure out what a specific part does.

Someone changed the title of this topic. phpBB didn't "die" and it won't! Afterall it's an opensource project.

A code being opensource is not enough to understand. Making codes well commentable makes it much easier for anyone to understand what is going on the code. For instance,

class database
{
var $db = ‘data’;
var $user = ‘user’;
var $pwd =  ‘pass’;
var $host = ‘localhost’;
var $rootUrl = ‘http://localhost/example’;
var $result = NULL;

function connect ()
{
mysql_connect (” . $this->host . ”, ” . $this->user . ”, ” . $this->pwd . ”);
if (!mysql_select_db(” . $this->db . ”))
{
echo ‘<p>Could Not Connect to the database ‘ . mysql_error() . ‘</p>’;
}
}

This is very simple code using to connect to a database using classes and functions and it can also be done in normal way. A lame or new comer cannot understand this very well if it is not commented.

class database
{

// Enter your database details with your database name , username 
and password.

var $db = ‘data’;
var $user = ‘user’;
var $pwd =  ‘pass’;
var $host = ‘localhost’;
var $rootUrl = ‘http://localhost/example’;
var $result = NULL;

// The next is you call the function connect where you use the mysql_connect function to connect to your host with your username and password.

// mysql_connect — Open a connection to a MySQL Server

// $this is a keyword which points to the the variables declared in the class above.

// Next we use the if statement to check the connection of the database and results in error if the it could not connect to the database with the given username and password.

function connect ()
{
mysql_connect (” . $this->host . ”, ” . $this->user . ”, ” . $this->pwd . ”);
if (!mysql_select_db(” . $this->db . ”))
{
echo ‘<p>Could Not Connect to the database ‘ . mysql_error() . ‘</p>’;
}
}

Now the above code can be well understood even if he is new to OOPS concept. Am i clear.
vinoth Wrote:
DennisTT Wrote:
vinoth Wrote:3. More themes.

www.mybbfans.com/community/contest-4.html

yes we are growing, but not yet perfect. before we go into our next level , let us make sure we are atleast somewhat perfect with a lot of additions in our database.
http://mybbthemes.8ez.com

Wink
vinoth, but there is already a good enough commenting as I have just re-checked the class_core.php and class_parser.php for an example and it uses the commenting style with each function to be compatible with phpDocumenter too.

Edit:

Note: While we're on it, someone minds checking why the layout broke down here? Should we just limit the width of "php" codes and use overflow: auto?
If you can't figure out the php code then your obviously not someone who can program PHP. Once you get to know the main system, it's really easy to just get the rest.
I help the MyBB community whenever and wherever I can. Smile
Long live MYBB Toungue Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5