MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb died
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Actually I think phpBB 3 is quite nice in terms of design. lols.
Thanx Pixelated for supporting me.

First of all to all, i am in no against anyone or MyBB. See i want MyBB to become the number 1 BB.

Coming to the topic,

So as per the posts, lame PHP programmers are ignored. if you are good programmer then u would support commenting.

// This is an encrypted code
wjfpkwjej

If the comment is not present there above, it would take some time to understand why the line is there.

Commented code saves the developers time friends. if the code is well commented it saves time to understand.

Lets take if Tikitiki or someone leaves the group for some reasons and there comes a new developer, if the code is well commented it would not take him much time to understand and go on with the project.

There is no point in continuing where ones suggestions is considered as personal flaming towards MyBB or its developers.

I several months ago asked a question on which files to edit for an intergation of MyBB with a CMS and i did not get a single developer from the team answering my question, at that point i was very eager to do a plugin for the team and when no one responded i was disappointed.

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=13934

This is thread which has to be yet answered. please do not show your personal flamings , if i have done something wrong i am extremely sorry for that.

vinoth
First of all, I agree code should be commented. There's some saying like "If you don't want to comment something, chances are it should be commented." (I don't remember the exact phrasing)

Second of all, we really want to help people with every single problem, but the problem is that we don't have the time to do that. We have our own lives, and we aren't paid to do this. Unfortunately we cannot spend the time helping everybody with their code modifications and integration problems, but we try to answer all the threads in the General Support forum which are directly related to MyBB.

The reason some of our developers were working with the ncaabbs forum is because we identified a limitation in MyBB itself for forums of that size (2.5 million posts, over 200000 threads and 17000 members). There aren't any other active forums of that size which are running MyBB and we are grateful to the administrator of that forum for working with us so that any other large MyBB will not suffer from the reduced performance of the past MyBB versions when working with databases of that size. I hope you understand what I'm trying to get at.
vinoth Wrote:I several months ago asked a question on which files to edit for an intergation of MyBB with a CMS and i did not get a single developer from the team answering my question, at that point i was very eager to do a plugin for the team and when no one responded i was disappointed.

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=13934

This is thread which has to be yet answered. please do not show your personal flamings , if i have done something wrong i am extremely sorry for that.

vinoth

Let me try and explain myself....

There is not enough time between major releases to implement everyone's suggestions and you seem to suggest a lot. Second, I personally believe we comment enough and well enough for the average person to understand the code. Third, and it's been stated before, we don't have any sort of obligation to reply to code modification requests. Chris has explained this several times before, that we cannot spend hours on someones code modification problem when there are plenty of other people that need help. Dennis also brings up a point (as have I, in the past) that we have our own lives that are busy enough. We do this for free and everyone should be grateful in the first place to have this at all. We deserve some slack.
Yes Dennis i have already supported the developers about their social life and other aspects. I know you are spending your worthy time for the people here.

That is why i requested for commented code so that there could be more members who can answer the support questions. so you can be free and more concentrating on development side and personal work too.

I will do my best to help the MyBB team for their success.

Thanx a lot friend.
fine Tikitiki . i brought up a lot of suggestions queiries because i wanted MyBB to be best. i have a lot of my personal work too , indeed i am trying to promote the software, try to interact with the forum here with some suggestions.

you could check my posts, i have supported the developers for their work and time spent here.Finally in that thread i just asked what files to edit, i did not ask how or did not ask anything to check errors.

As a user of the software, i put my suggestions and it is totally left to development side whether to implement or not. i can just post my views and thoughts.

Finally do not think that i am against MyBB or do not develop a personal flame against me. I liked you much in this community because i noticed your posts in phpBB forums where u requested many people on why you are leaving MyBB.

It shows your part of dedication to the community and helping hands to make it grow. But do make a note that i am not against you or MyBB team.
vinoth Wrote:fine Tikitiki . i brought up a lot of suggestions queiries because i wanted MyBB to be best. i have a lot of my personal work too , indeed i am trying to promote the software, try to interact with the forum here with some suggestions.

Suggestions alone don't make MyBB better. We need people who are willing to do the code and the planning too. If that happens, and just if, then you will earn my respect.

vinoth Wrote:you could check my posts, i have supported the developers for their work and time spent here.Finally in that thread i just asked what files to edit, i did not ask how or did not ask anything to check errors.

It still qualifies as a code modification request.

vinoth Wrote:As a user of the software, i put my suggestions and it is totally left to development side whether to implement or not. i can just post my views and thoughts.

Ok, so that means I can say yes or no for the commenting? In 1.4, no. Later? Maybe.

vinoth Wrote:Finally do not think that i am against MyBB or do not develop a personal flame against me. I liked you much in this community because i noticed your posts in phpBB forums where u requested many people on why you are leaving MyBB.

It shows your part of dedication to the community and helping hands to make it grow. But do make a note that i am not against you or MyBB team.

I never said you were against me or the MyBB Team.

I think I've made myself clear, so let's leave it at that.
vinoth...I have not found you to be helpful to mybb at all. Just my opinion for what it's worth.

You seem to have a lot of suggestions and questions but very few answers...answers are helpful.

example: I made a comment to tikitiki last week about the functions not being catalogued. His response was that mybb supports phpdocs and they have just not gotten to it yet. My first action: Download phpdocs and try to do it myself and then share the work with mybb users.

Exactly what are you doing to "help"?
We have gone way off topic here.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5