MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb died
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Mybb ain't small its starting to get bigger and bigger with many mods and themes coming out Smile
There is no bad platforms but bad admins
DragonLord Wrote:Long live MYBB Toungue Smile
I concur!
Tikitiki Wrote:If you can't figure out the php code then your obviously not someone who can program PHP. Once you get to know the main system, it's really easy to just get the rest.

The fact is that there low , medium and high level programmers. It is not practically easy to understand a program without good and better commentting the source codes.

What i showed is lame example. It is easily understandable by a intermediate or high level programmers. please note that it is not for me , i am making an request here. I am making for the people of MyBB.

I can better understand the code with or without commentting, if it is commented then some time is saved {
else
{
I have look in deeply what the code actually does.
}

If the code is well commented

1. We can have more developers rising up with helping people for their support question.
2. More mods could be developed as they would easily know what files to edit.
3. More bugs or security threats can be traced easily.

It has a lot of advantage. Just my 2 cents.
vinoth Wrote:1. We can have more developers rising up with helping people for their support question.

We already have adequate commenting. Second, we don't have enough time to implement soooo many comments. And third, bugs and security threats are handled by the MyBB Group and we already pretty much know the system by heart - there wouldn't be a need for commenting since we already know
Tikitiki Wrote:
vinoth Wrote:1. We can have more developers rising up with helping people for their support question.

We already have adequate commenting. Second, we don't have enough time to implement soooo many comments. And third, bugs and security threats are handled by the MyBB Group and we already pretty much know the system by heart - there wouldn't be a need for commenting since we already know
Tikitiki no offense but you seem to be taking vinoth's comments a bit personally. He is simply offering suggestions and you seem intent on shooting him down. I hardly think vinoth is attacking MyBB, he is just offering some suggestions.

I tend agree with most of vinoth's comments in regards to commenting within the code. While I'm sure those with good php knowledge find it easy enough, it does restrict those not so versed in php from having a look under the hood and a tinker.

Well commented code opens up a whole new world of possibilities for would be MODder's etc.
MyBB is the best FREE software and IPB by far best paid software
There's a reason we worked hard with the MyBB devs to get the hell off phpBB as fast as humanly possible.
piXelatedEmpire Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:

Tikitiki no offense but you seem to be taking vinoth's comments a bit personally. He is simply offering suggestions and you seem intent on shooting him down. I hardly think vinoth is attacking MyBB, he is just offering some suggestions.

*sigh* it's not just vinoth
Tikitiki Wrote:If you can't figure out the php code then your obviously not someone who can program PHP. Once you get to know the main system, it's really easy to just get the rest.

Exactly...code commenting can come in handy but if you can't read the mybb php then you have no business touching the code to begin with.

Commenting will NOT help those that can't code.

What would be nice is a functions list since the many files can be cumbersome to view and I personally would like a descriptive list just to peruse and see what's available when I go to write a plugin.

Mybb as an overall project is excellent. Themes, plugins, and CMS integration are all being built upon by a number a users...myself included. I expect mybb usage to double in size within a year. The momentum imho already exists. The few great resource fan sites really help to push the project. We are seeing larger and larger sites using mybb as the software of choice. Yes there is definitely room for growth and improvement but hey...it takes time and much of the ideas are already in the works.

In 2 years...I can see 99% of all plugins requested (sensical ones) being filled.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5