MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: BBv2 - vBulletin And MyBB Might Worry...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
BBv2

Its sad to say. I signed up for a free trial license... Then came the support forum. I looked at BBv2... I kinda liked it! I'm going over to the dark side!

The cPanel look-a-like of the admin panel is so stylish. Its new and kinda close to being on the same level as MyBB and vBulletin.

Its on level 6 and MyBB and vBulletin are on level 8. They allow you to get a donation thing to build up license money... Then I asked for a conversion script.

I dont think i'll switch. Someone might want to make a conversion script for it. BBv2 > MyBB Gold. Oh wait I started one for RC 4 just 10 minutes ago. Big Grin

Its nice to test out but to buy is something else. Its kinda more easy to use then vBulletin and MyBB. But whos going to get it just for that? No one.
It's a nice little BB, I especially like the admin cp.

But.. it's in Perl. harhar :o
Yea its quite nice, i have spoken to the person who designed the default style too, very good designer.
Its Perl Wink
Chris Boulton Wrote:Its Perl Wink

Perl sucks.
I'd try it, if it wasn't Perl.

Not that I don't hate Perl, my host just doesn't support it. Sad
Hmmm...I guess it's in Perl which is a rather big downside, and the liscense is rather hefty. The postbit is just plain weak, but their Admin CP is pretty powerful. I like the "simulate user" feature in the admin cp. You can log in another user within the board without having to know their password. Might come in handy from time to time.

I also like the "Auto Answer" feature that makes you put in certain keywords when a user posts that word or phrase I guess on the board and the forum automatically answers it for you. Might come in handy for FAQ's or support boards.

They even have their own built in convertors for other forum softwares. I think they have a lot of good features or ideas that we might incorporate for MyBB Wink also is the free trial really a trial? Does your board become useless after 30 days?
Perl used to be the all-powerful language, and still is good; but a new age has come and PHP has taken over, so people should start using PHP.

I would try it if it was in PHP though...It looks really good.

I'd say that vBulletin and MyBB has nothing to worry about so far.
asdf1248 Wrote:Perl used to be the all-powerful language, and still is good; but a new age has come and PHP has taken over, so people should start using PHP.

I would try it if it was in PHP though...It looks really good.

I'd say that vBulletin and MyBB has nothing to worry about so far.
PERL is actually a pretty good language to code a BBS in. It isn't affected by many common vulneralities.

Anyways, I've tried this software out before, and it's quite nice. It's also not too expensive at only $98 for a lifetime licenese. Unfortunately, the software is still category based, not forum based, and the postbit has a weird effect where the posts start off in their normal positions, then move way over to the left, which is pretty ugly.
Chris Boulton Wrote:Its Perl Wink

My point. The postbit is rather... Ugly and worst to look at then a beast. Thats pretty bad! I need to change the title... Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5