MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin Uploader for 1.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Which version of the Plugin Uploader though? Do others work? If it's the MD5 check, they should either all work or all fail.
(2017-03-07, 02:26 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Run this MySQL query:

DELETE FROM mybb_pluginuploader where name = '_password'

I keep getting a error every time I try to update a plugin. The error says: "There was an error downloading from the MyBB Mods site. The download may not have completed successfully as the MD5 checksum failed. If this continues, try downloading directly from the Mods site and upload."

I figured I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling your plugin uploader but it asks for a password and I don't know what it is. I thought I'd try running your MySQL query but I don't see where I run that from on the cPanel.
The password is the one you set when the plugin was installed - unsure why so many people are forgetting it...

If you're getting that error, what version of the plugin are you running? Last two users with the issue haven't responded.

You would run the query in phpMyAdmin, which should be available in cPanel.
We had the same problem after upgrading to myBB 1.8.10 and with Plugin Uploader v1.2.1.
ALL downloads (themes, plugins, updates) were rejected with this error like Matt already suggested.
But v1.2.2 immediately fixed that problem.

Great plugin btw! Smile
(2017-03-11, 09:23 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]The password is the one you set when the plugin was installed - unsure why so many people are forgetting it...

If you're getting that error, what version of the plugin are you running? Last two users with the issue haven't responded.

You would run the query in phpMyAdmin, which should be available in cPanel.

I thought I knew the password but apparently it's wrong. I'm running version 1.2.2. When I run the MySQL query I get a error that says: "#1046 - No database selected". That's why I figured I must be running it from the wrong place.
You need to select a database to run the query on... there should be a list on the left in phpMyAdmin.

It sounds like you've not upgraded the plugin properly - make sure ./admin/modules/config/pluginuploader.php is up to date.
(2017-03-11, 11:09 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]You need to select a database to run the query on... there should be a list on the left in phpMyAdmin.

It sounds like you've not upgraded the plugin properly - make sure ./admin/modules/config/pluginuploader.php is up to date.

I have a bunch of databases to select from. Not sure which one to pick. Anyway I think you were right that I didn't upgrade properly. The pluginuploader.php was out of date. Now I just have to wait for a plugin update to see if it works.

Thanks for your help
It will be whichever one your forum is in - if you can't remember the name of it, check what you have set up in your ./inc/config.php file.
(2017-03-09, 12:37 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Which version of the Plugin Uploader though?

(2017-03-09, 12:37 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]Do others work? If it's the MD5 check, they should either all work or all fail.

No, they all failed.

Every other aspect of the plugin seemed to work correctly, though.
Do you get to the stage where you see the information about the plugin from the Extend site? If not, it sounds like the remote request to the Extend site is failing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7