MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Display User Group Doesn't Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2016-12-20, 07:43 PM)Aftermarket Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-20, 07:42 PM)LuminousGamerZ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-20, 07:41 PM)Aftermarket Wrote: [ -> ]Right so the problem is that you have a Group called "Account not Activated" which is most likely tampering with your new registered members, what I recommend doing is removing that rank.

Ok but that rank was already there when i set it up

The default rank is "Awaiting Activation" not "account not activated"

I suggest changing that back.
I changed that recently though cause it wasn't working trying to figure it out

(2016-12-20, 07:43 PM)Aftermarket Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-20, 07:42 PM)LuminousGamerZ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-20, 07:41 PM)Aftermarket Wrote: [ -> ]Right so the problem is that you have a Group called "Account not Activated" which is most likely tampering with your new registered members, what I recommend doing is removing that rank.

Ok but that rank was already there when i set it up

The default rank is "Awaiting Activation" not "account not activated"

I suggest changing that back.

You know it works because the User Group Says Registered But the display user group does not
I'll register an account right now, and I'll see if it works or not.
(2016-12-20, 07:47 PM)Aftermarket Wrote: [ -> ]I'll register an account right now, and I'll see if it works or not.

Do you see now?
(2016-12-20, 07:50 PM)LuminousGamerZ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-20, 07:47 PM)Aftermarket Wrote: [ -> ]I'll register an account right now, and I'll see if it works or not.

Do you see now?

Yeah I do, what I recommend doing when they register is to enable "Instant activation" in the login settings.

I think that's your last resort.
(2016-12-20, 07:52 PM)Aftermarket Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-20, 07:50 PM)LuminousGamerZ Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you see now?

Yeah I do, what I recommend doing when they register is to enable "Instant activation" in the login settings.

I think that's your last resort.

Really is the other option?
I've added a "Group Promotion" to users that have less than or equal to 0 posts, so basically newly registered users will be promoted to the "Registered" group

So I think I may have fixed your issue.
(2016-12-20, 07:56 PM)Aftermarket Wrote: [ -> ]I've added a "Group Promotion" to users that have less than or equal to 0 posts, so basically newly registered users will be promoted to the "Registered" group

So what about the people that still have it set to Awating Activation do i have to do those one by one?
(2016-12-20, 07:59 PM)LuminousGamerZ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-20, 07:56 PM)Aftermarket Wrote: [ -> ]I've added a "Group Promotion" to users that have less than or equal to 0 posts, so basically newly registered users will be promoted to the "Registered" group

So what about the people that still have it set to Awating Activation do i have to do those one by one?

I've done it all for you Smile

Have a good one, hopefully your forum is fixed now.
(2016-12-20, 08:02 PM)Aftermarket Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-20, 07:59 PM)LuminousGamerZ Wrote: [ -> ]

I've done it all for you Smile

Have a good one, hopefully your forum is fixed now.

Thanks
A few people have had this issue, maybe there is actually a bug somewhere... will have to take a look.
Pages: 1 2 3