MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No permission to edit templates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2017-02-17, 11:02 PM)broatcast Wrote: [ -> ]Just male backups and the transfere to the New host... then there is no Data lose

I know that, but I was referring to the permissions error that maybe a clean restart would fix it but at the same time I cannot do a restart as I've got an active community.
4am local time is my least active timeslot. There's not too many I have to kick off for maintenance. Most understand the need.
Still need help with this permissions issue.
Did you contact your host? If so, what did they say? If not, why not?
Contacted host but they just said look in the /logs directory, which I have been this entire time and there's no errors, just a lot of "GET" loading urls or something.
[Image: MDRTXtv.png]

What am I looking for exactly?
Note the time difference between logged activity and your local time. Try to test during slowest forum activity time. Mine is around 4am.

1. Note local time at test start. Make a change to configuration, say, set higher message limit.
2. Attempt to edit template.
3. Change configuration back again. Note local time at test end.
4. Review the log for entries made during the test. Look for the timestamp to help identify.

You should see PUTs and GETs. Yours will be /forum/admin/index.php to start. Compare the log entries for the 3 events. 1 and 3 should be similar. 2 should have details related to the failure.
There should be an "error.log" in the logs directory if there's an error.

Honestly, if that's all your host said they're pretty rubbish and I'd seriously recommend looking to move hosts.
(2017-03-05, 10:52 AM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Note the time difference between logged activity and your local time. Try to test during slowest forum activity time. Mine is around 4am.

1. Note local time at test start. Make a change to configuration, say, set higher message limit.
2. Attempt to edit template.
3. Change configuration back again. Note local time at test end.
4. Review the log for entries made during the test. Look for the timestamp to help identify.

You should see PUTs and GETs. Yours will be /forum/admin/index.php to start. Compare the log entries for the 3 events. 1 and 3 should be similar. 2 should have details related to the failure.
I don't see any PUTS, only GETS and nothing related to the admin/index.php.

(2017-03-05, 01:16 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]There should be an "error.log" in the logs directory if there's an error.

Honestly, if that's all your host said they're pretty rubbish and I'd seriously recommend looking to move hosts.
No error.log file at all.

Only these - 
[Image: QlgYlUw.png]
Just ask your hoster for the log files!
Already tried that.

Still need help. :/
Pages: 1 2 3 4