MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pages being cached?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It seemed like I was having a problem with pages being cached on the server, for a few weeks.

If I'd make a post, I wouldn't see the new reply for a few minutes after the page reloaded.

Not even if I clicked elsewhere then back on the thread.

Other users reported the same issue.

Today, I upgraded to MyBB 1.8.12.

I still see the same issue.

It even affects the admin console.

For example, if I click on plugins, then check for updates, it doesn't even tell me the status of my plugins.

The page just reloads without any message regarding my plugins.

I have to click on the admin home, then I'll see this message:

[Image: xd6K6Xe.png]

Before, if I clicked on "check for updates", it would take me to that message directly.

What can I do?
I am also facing exactly same problem with my 1.8.12 boards but I used a different IP and it worked fine for me.

I will suggest you to try a different device or browser as well.
Sounds like a problem with your host, MyBB dines't cache full pages.
(2017-07-06, 06:38 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like a problem with your host, MyBB dines't cache full pages.

What should I ask or tell my host?

(2017-07-06, 06:09 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]I am also facing exactly same problem with my 1.8.12 boards but I used a different IP and it worked fine for me.

I will suggest you to try a different device or browser as well.

I've tried a few different browsers on different devices too.

And given that some of the users have reported it, that would be another device too.
Ask your host whether they are using any page caching systems such as Varnish, and if so ask them to disable it if possible (or add an exception so that logged in suers won't see cached pages).

You can always point them at this thread if you need to.
Would that also explain why if I click on "Plugin Updates", I don't see the response of clicking on that link, until I click elsewhere?

Such as after I click on the admin home. Then I'll see the message "Congratulations, your plugins are up to date".

Before, it would tell me the response after clicking on "Plugin Updates" itself. I didn't have click on some other link within the admin console to then see the message displayed.
Yes, there's a chance that might cause that problem.
(2017-07-07, 01:47 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Ask your host whether they are using any page caching systems such as Varnish, and if so ask them to disable it if possible (or add an exception so that logged in suers won't see cached pages).

You can always point them at this thread if you need to.

This was their response.  What do you think?

Should I dis-enable Optimum Cache?

+++++++++++++

We will gladly assist you with your request.

In addition, we have checked your case and for your account currently, is enabled the Optimum Cache.

Alternatively, what we could do for you is to enable the APCU cache or if you consider upgrading your hosting plan to a higher one you will be able to take advantage of our Memcached service.

If you have any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us again.

These are the settings I have:

[Image: MrYmPTl.png]
I think they mean the opcode cache (opcache), but it shouldn't be causing this issue. You can try disabling it and see if it helps at all.
Ok, I tried disabling it. We'll see how it goes. I also had to disable zend_guard in order to disable opcache.

Back to the issue about when I click on "check for updates" for plugins, am I expecting the correct behavior?

When I click on "Check for updates", then I'm supposed to have the message that says "your plugins are up to date" automatically appear (if that's the case) without me having to click on any other part of the admin console, in order for me to see the message, right? That message should appear on its own once I click on "check for updates"?
Pages: 1 2 3