MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Search Not Operating[Solved]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quick search only operates when you use enter on your keyboard.  I compared the header quicksearch from the default theme to my theme and the only thing different is the notation for the icon here is the code:

<form action="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php" method="post">
<fieldset id="search">
<input name="keywords" type="text" class="textbox" placeholder="Search Forum for E-Books" />
<i class="fa fa-search search_icon"></i><input value="" type="submit" class="search_icon" />
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_search" />
<input type="hidden" name="postthread" value="1" />
                        </fieldset>
                        </form>

Of you place your mouse over the icon it shows as a link but does not work

Site:
https://ebookprism.com

Thanks Shy
I don't see any quicksearch on your website, did you remove it?
(2017-09-30, 11:10 PM)Nasyr Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see any quicksearch on your website, did you remove it?

No I have not removed it, isn't that the one that is in the upper right hand corner of the website like here that says search forums? Or is that the regular search.php I thought that was the detailed search
This is how I see your index page - https://i.imgur.com/AByJBIT.png
No quick search anywhere on it?
But this is how it appears in all three of my browsers:

[attachment=39358]
Very strange then as I cannot see it, would need another member to confirm.
No Problem.. Maybe that is the error... that somehow it is not configured correctly?
(2017-10-02, 10:13 PM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]No Problem.. Maybe that is the error... that somehow it is not configured correctly?

It should be there unless the code is different. If the search has been moved in the header template within the comments field it might be set for admins only. So in the header template do you see;

{$quicksearch}
{$welcomeblock}
<!-- </div> in header_welcomeblock_member and header_welcomeblock_guest -->

If not go to header_welcomeblock_member_adminis there a {$quicksearch} there?
(2017-10-05, 06:54 PM)Nasyr Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-02, 10:13 PM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]No Problem.. Maybe that is the error... that somehow it is not configured correctly?

It should be there unless the code is different. If the search has been moved in the header template within the comments field it might be set for admins only. So in the header template do you see;

{$quicksearch}
{$welcomeblock}

If not go to header_welcomeblock_member_adminis there a {$quicksearch} there?

Header+
  <div class="wrapper">
    <ul class="menu top_links">
      {$menu_search}
      {$menu_memberlist}
      {$menu_calendar}
      <li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help" class="help"><i class="fa fa-question-circle toplinks-help"></i>{$lang->toplinks_help}</a></li>
    </ul>
    {$welcomeblock} 
	 </div>
</div>
But no search reference that I see in welcome back... so I don't know what I should do
Can someone kindly help me? this and one other thing are the only mishaps on the site after the move
Pages: 1 2