MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Future
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
MyBB doesn't really seem to get a lot of activity as before. It doesn't seem right in a way when MyBB has been around for a good long time now.

What's going on?
What's causing the decease of activity?

With that being said, I'm going to start being active again online...so you will see me pop in here and there. Smile
This is primarily a support forum. People come and go.
Funny you say this is a support forum yes it is but staff activity is poorly bad they hardly even bother looking in the support section whilst members try to help but staff know most of the answers to the questions!
(2017-10-06, 12:13 PM)Dead-i Wrote: [ -> ]Funny you say this is a support forum yes it is but staff activity is poorly bad they hardly even bother looking in the support section whilst members try to help but staff know most of the answers to the questions!

MyBB isn't a company. The team consists of community members who work on and support MyBB in their free time. You're not paying for anything. The team isn't getting paid. You're making wild assumptions which hold no weight.
(2017-10-06, 02:03 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-10-06, 12:13 PM)Dead-i Wrote: [ -> ]Funny you say this is a support forum yes it is but staff activity is poorly bad they hardly even bother looking in the support section whilst members try to help but staff know most of the answers to the questions!

MyBB isn't a company. The team consists of community members who work on and support MyBB in their free time. You're not paying for anything. The team isn't getting paid. You're making wild assumptions which hold no weight.

Yeah but funny thing is 1-2 staff members will come online if there bothered they'll actually look in the support section and give a hand to those who are fairly new to MyBB, if they can't be bothered what is the actual point of having them as staff then?

Over the years MyBB support team died, at least other forums the support team are always doing their tasks even if their not getting paid.
There are lot of staff members who are active, even lot of non staff members also help users here.
I don't think there is any lack of activity around here.
The only activeness is going around here are some of those who like to help come online rest are just asking for support those are the people who are keeping this place alive believe it or not.

Or else if this forum had no members I doubt MyBB would exists, I'm looking forward to 2.0 lol hopefully they step their game up.
(2017-10-06, 04:46 PM)Dead-i Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah but funny thing is 1-2 staff members will come online if there bothered they'll actually look in the support section and give a hand to those who are fairly new to MyBB, if they can't be bothered what is the actual point of having them as staff then?

Again, you're making assumptions. This is primarily a support forum, but the team uses it for communication[0]. Not everyone has a support role either, and not everyone has the time to provide a consistent level of support. It's not "I can't be bothered", it's "I have a life and responsibilities and family and hobbies and work and everything else I'm currently dealing with". The people on the team have shown their love for the project and their willingness to support it. Removing them from the team wouldn't have any benefit.

[0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_your_own_dog_food

(2017-10-06, 04:46 PM)Dead-i Wrote: [ -> ]Over the years MyBB support team died, at least other forums the support team are always doing their tasks even if their not getting paid.

I'm not sure what you hope to achieve by complaining that people who are doing something for free aren't working hard enough. I can assure you, no amount of bitching will make members of the team suddenly have more time to contribute.
I'm not bitching about it lol, I proved the same point few months ago forgot which staff member replied but he knew damn well I spoke the truth. If half of the team has been busy for years why not replace them? I'll say one thing though the only guy that actually bothers to even support anyone is .m., but of course your next reply would be I'm not understanding lol. I know were your coming from but like I said I've been here a while even since 2008 never bothered registering because I hardly even used MyBB then but I only came on forums just to see how this community is.. Back then the staff team was alright but now it's simply dead. Not all staff team have family issues or something in life lol if that's the case then their probably living in the same house ffs.

Anyways glad there are few members with knowledge and experience helping the newbies out.
(2017-10-07, 01:45 AM)Dead-i Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not bitching about it lol, I proved the same point few months ago forgot which staff member replied but he knew damn well I spoke the truth. If half of the team has been busy for years why not replace them? I'll say one thing though the only guy that actually bothers to even support anyone is .m., but of course your next reply would be I'm not understanding lol. I know were your coming from but like I said I've been here a while even since 2008 never bothered registering because I hardly even used MyBB then but I only came on forums just to see how this community is.. Back then the staff team was alright but now it's simply dead. Not all staff team have family issues or something in life lol if that's the case then their probably living in the same house ffs.

Anyways glad there are few members with knowledge and experience helping the newbies out.
And who do you propose replaces them? It's all well and good saying replace the staff team however where are you going to get an experienced replacement team? You're not.
Pages: 1 2 3