MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Future
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In honesty, I think it's only gaining in popularity.

I remember starting out with forums in like 2005 and vBulletin was the big daddy in paid forums and it was a toss up between SMF and phpBB for the free version,

Now it's XenForo for paid and as for free forums the vast majority I see running on myBB. I personally think myBB is so good and feature rich now and looking super promising for 2.0 that it's worthy of being paid software.

Back in 2005 I'd never have dreamed about using a free forum software, I was a super die hard vBulletin fan boy, now I can't justify paying hundreds of dollars for XenForo when MyBB is just as good and is available for free.

I think the only true competition is Vanilla Forums but they are very, very slow moving.
From talking to some contributors and team members, I found that sometimes life just cuts in very abruptly and mercilessly.

Sometimes, they have to work long hours at a job, over the weekends, or both. Sometimes, they get in a car accident and have to be hospitalised. It's hard to plan around that, particularly when it comes to ones job.
(2017-10-09, 03:02 AM)Rickeo Wrote: [ -> ]Back in 2005 I'd never have dreamed about using a free forum software, I was a super die hard vBulletin fan boy, now I can't justify paying hundreds of dollars for XenForo when MyBB is just as good and is available for free.

Back in 2005, the XenForo Dev Team were at vBulletin; there was a lawsuit about this.
Pages: 1 2 3