MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.8.13 - Additional Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
First of all thank you for supporting and providing update for MyBB.

In 1.8.13 update page it says:
Quote:This update includes fixes related to compatibility with PostgreSQL, SQLite and PHP 7.2 and resolves attachment HTML output problems. Note that the theme’s CSS files may need to be updated.

I've found that one of such updates are related to modal stuff in global.css and updated my files with info I got from this post: https://community.mybb.com/thread-213964...pid1288154

My question is, is there any other parts I should be updating or changing? If so, how do I know which parts? What should I look for?
The only style change is the modal change (in global.css), which is described in the post you referenced.

There were several templates changed. You can find these using the "Find Updated Templates" tool in ACP > Templates & Style > Templates.
Do I need to update or add anything there?
If an Admin has renamed his/her Admin folder to XYZ folder in the root directory for security purposes, how does that work for the upgrades (not the full install)?

Do I copy the contents of the Admin 1.8.13 upgrade folder directly to XYZ folder located in the root directory?

Or does that still go into the Admin folder in the root directory?
(2017-11-11, 03:35 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]If an Admin has renamed his/her Admin folder to XYZ folder in the root directory for security purposes, how does that work for the upgrades (not the full install)?

Do I copy the contents of the Admin 1.8.13 upgrade folder directly to XYZ folder located in the root directory?

Just rename admin to the correct name before uploading, problem solved.
(2017-11-11, 03:29 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]Do I need to update or add anything there?

In the templates? Probably. Look at the find updated templates tool and it wil lshow what changes have been made.
What do you mean? I need to apply those updates or that tools shows which templates already changed? If so what should I be adding how do I know?
(2017-11-11, 04:54 PM)Lunorian Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-11-11, 03:35 PM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]If an Admin has renamed his/her Admin folder to XYZ folder in the root directory for security purposes, how does that work for the upgrades (not the full install)?

Just rename admin to the correct name before uploading, problem solved.
Not really because if renaming the upgrade Admin folder to XYZ, would that mess up the Upgrade Script as detailed in the Upgrade documentation?
(2017-11-11, 06:35 PM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean? I need to apply those updates or that tools shows which templates already changed? If so what should I be adding how do I know?

It tells you which templates changed in the base theme in 1.8.13. If you are using a different theme, it will show what changes were made (if you've changed the templates at all from the base theme) and you then need to make those changes. The tool shows exactly what was added and removed from each template that changed.
I always thought those changes are alread applied to templates and it's just notifying admin about "those are updated", I have tons of "Updated Templates" in that area, adding "Apply Updates" instead of "Revert to Original" would be better I think? What's the purpose of Revert to Original if those are not applied? If those changes not applied already, it just removes a notification basically?
Pages: 1 2