MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advance the private message system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Conversations are one thing, but if you mean an instant messenger like NodeBB when you say "chat-like", then that's a really bad idea.
(2017-12-09, 03:46 AM)Azah Wrote: [ -> ]Conversations are one thing, but if you mean an instant messenger like NodeBB when you say "chat-like", then that's a really bad idea.

I am clearly not suggesting an IM.
Just making sure, things always go awry with text.

If I recall, with Discourse, you can take a public topic private and vice versa. It's kinda of odd, but could allow someone to jointly draft something up, and then publish it. I'm not sure how useful it would be here, but I'll drop it down anyway.
(2017-12-02, 11:29 PM)MaximHF Wrote: [ -> ]It would no longer be private messages but instead more like conversations.

Are you looking for something like a "threaded-view" conversation? If that's what you suggest, I vote for the same, since I prefer not to go back and forth from Inbox to Sent Items folders.
A conversation system in place of the traditional PM system is a given in this day and age. This was planned for 2.0, but since that's been delayed, I agree it should happen in 1.10.
(2018-01-04, 07:56 PM)darkhorus Wrote: [ -> ]A conversation system in place of the traditional PM system is a given in this day and age. This was planned for 2.0, but since that's been delayed, I agree it should happen in 1.10.

Yeah, let's put everything we wanted in 2.0 into 1.10 and then we can wait another 3 years for a responsive theme.

No thanks.  1.10 should not be about the PM system. It's adequate as is and can be altered in the future when we have a mobile theme in place.
(2018-01-04, 09:29 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-01-04, 07:56 PM)darkhorus Wrote: [ -> ]A conversation system in place of the traditional PM system is a given in this day and age. This was planned for 2.0, but since that's been delayed, I agree it should happen in 1.10.

Yeah, let's put everything we wanted in 2.0 into 1.10 and then we can wait another 3 years for a responsive theme.

No thanks.  1.10 should not be about the PM system. It's adequate as is and can be altered in the future when we have a mobile theme in place.

Read the roadmap I posted recently. All these things being suggested/planned for "1.10" will happen across a multitude of releases. The next major release will be 1.9.0, which will bring:
  • New responsive theme
  • Twig template system
That's it. The next major release (1.10.0) will bring some more new features/enhancements, as will the next major release after that, and so on.

Keeping these suggestions organised and categorised is quite difficult unfortunately and everybody has different ideas on what they think are priority issues/features.

Oh come on, don't be like that.

1.10 is not just going to be 1.8 with a responsive theme.

(2018-01-04, 10:21 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]

Read the roadmap I posted recently. All these things being suggested/planned for "1.10" will happen across a multitude of releases. The next major release will be 1.9.0, which will bring:
  • New responsive theme
  • Twig template system
That's it. The next major release (1.10.0) will bring some more new features/enhancements, as will the next major release after that, and so on.

Keeping these suggestions organised and categorised is quite difficult unfortunately and everybody has different ideas on what they think are priority issues/features.
Thanks for the clarification!
Oh definitely agree on that a more responsive and mobile friendly theme should be prioritized before something like a conversation system. Without a responsive and mobile friendly theme there will be no users to use a conversation system.
If you implement a conversation, can you add a way to block certain users as well as usergroups from contacting you through that means?
Pages: 1 2 3 4