MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Login logout Cookie problems. Please watch the attached video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
You know MyBB does not come with an active htaccess file. It's packaged with a htaccess.txt file which you then rename to .htaccess if needed.

I know you posted the contents of the MyBB htaccess file, but did you post the contents of the text file or an active one ?

This may be a solution, making an active htaccess file in the MyBB folder may cause the site to ignore / override the htaccess at the root.
(2018-08-05, 04:56 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]You know MyBB does not come with an active htaccess file. It's packaged with a htaccess.txt file which you then rename to .htaccess if needed.

I know you posted the contents of the MyBB htaccess file, but did you post the contents of the text file or an active one ?

This may be a solution, making an active htaccess file in the MyBB folder may cause the site to ignore / override the htaccess at the root.

OKay. Here's the good news. Renaming the htaccess file on the root wordpress folder did the trick and everything is working fine. But now what about the htaccess file on the main site? How can we do about it.

I pasted the content of the .htaccess file.
See my previous post - if you lucky that will solve the problem for you. Now that you know what the issue is, you can also have a word about it with your host support people.
(2018-08-05, 05:14 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]See my previous post - if you lucky that will solve the problem for you. Now that you know what the issue is, you can also have a word about it with your host support people.

You mean craete an active htaccess file for the forum? Okay I will do it and also contact the hosting guys.

If there is no htaccess file, how will the site (main and the forum) be affected? Can I run without it?
Can you confirm what you had in the mybb folder ? was it htaccess.txt or .htaccess ?

if you had htaccess.txt, rename it to .htaccess -> that's what i mean by making it active.
(2018-08-05, 05:31 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you confirm what you had in the mybb folder ? was it htaccess.txt or .htaccess ?

if you had htaccess.txt, rename it to .htaccess -> that's what i mean by making it active.

I can confirm that it was the .htaccess file.

I researched more on this conflicting and found that I need to edit the main WordPress file so that it does not affect the subdirectory. I will have to create an exception for the forums folder.

But I could not find what exact changes I need to make.
(2018-08-06, 02:43 PM)hwmana Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm that it was the .htaccess file.

I researched more on this conflicting and found that I need to edit the main WordPress file so that it does not affect the subdirectory. I will have to create an exception for the forums folder.

If you have figured out the answer, please post it here, so I and others can be helped by it. I'm having the same issue.
(2018-08-09, 06:07 PM)amanda_2011 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-06, 02:43 PM)hwmana Wrote: [ -> ]I can confirm that it was the .htaccess file.

If you have figured out the answer, please post it here, so I and others can be helped by it. I'm having the same issue.

Sorry for not updating the post. The problem is solved.

The reason is a non-standard htaccess file. On my main site, I had a caching plugin installed that was affecting the subdirectory as well. Deactivating it solved the problem.

So look for any caching on the main site or your CDN like cloudflare.

I hope this helps.
Pages: 1 2 3 4