MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error after upgrade to 1.8.18 - The message is missing. Please enter a message.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2018-08-26, 06:28 PM)Brody Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-24, 05:17 PM)Omnipotent Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-24, 05:07 PM)MinusPL Wrote: [ -> ]After some testing I have some information on this issue:
  • It can happen, but it's random - don't know how to make it happen every time
  • When this happens, editor seem to work properly, is shown etc. but when posting it would be empty
  • There's no second textarea - that one hidden with display:none is actually our main textarea to send data and is synchronized with SCEditor.
  • When this issue happens whole SCEditor would be totally detached from our normal textarea, like some kind of bug in js or other thing took place.
  • I had only once experienced it in about 100 tries, so it is really random - someone can experience it all the time, and other one can never experience it at all.
Any thoughts on fix - none yet. It happens too randomly to check this properly.

Yeah I noticed some users on my forum were still able to make threads normally and I had no clue how as my admin and normal account were unable to but then I fixed a JS error and now I can edit them perfectly... And that is what I meant by the "2 textareas" SCEditor was completely detached from the actual textarea html which was probably due to a JS error.

Make sure these are applied:
On newreply, newthread and editpost:
Make sure the line that hooks in post.js has been replaced with {$post_javascript}

This seems to have worked for me so far.

Replaced

<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/post.js?ver=1800"></script>
in newreply, newthread, and editpost.

With

{$post_javascript}

Hopefully I did that right.

Thanks man you're awesome. Worked beautifully 

[Image: dgkxw0Y.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4