MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Displaying News on your homepage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
LeX-, what do you mean by the
$filename = ""; // NAME OF THE FILE
Is it like.. the news page that we're gonna take out from the thread?
I think it's the page you are loading it from. For example, if you were loading it from "news.php", it would be "news.php". If however you load it from something like "index.php?p=news" then you would have to change "$multipage = multipage($num, $perpage, $page, $filename."?");" to "$multipage = multipage($num, $perpage, $page, $filename."&");"
Hmm i see. Thanks for the err.. what to say? =/.. anyway thanks!
Just out of curiosity could you make all the urls absolute urls and put it on another site?
Wheel-World Wrote:Just out of curiosity could you make all the urls absolute urls and put it on another site?
No, it loads information from your forums database so it has to be on the same server as your forum.

If you really wanted to do that you could use the RSS feed for the forum in question and run it through a RSS parser and then a post parser. This can get messy though and it really isn't something I want to get in to.
what about SEO Mod?
marines Wrote:what about SEO Mod?
What about it? It doesn't affect this in anyway, however, if you have it installed I suppose you could modify the URLs to their SEO versions and it would still work.
MrDoom Wrote:
marines Wrote:what about SEO Mod?
What about it? It doesn't affect this in anyway, however, if you have it installed I suppose you could modify the URLs to their SEO versions and it would still work.
but how do it? how make the same seo links compatibile with this mod?
Give me an example of an SEO link and I'll show you what you need to change in this code.
eg. http:/ /www.example-forum.com/example-topic-title-t-30.html
all lowercase. i'd like to point out that i'm using polish chars in topic titles. it could be replaced by this array $arr1 = array('ą'=>'a', 'ę'=>'e', 'ó'=>'o', 'ś'=>'s', 'ł'=>'l', 'ż'=>'z', 'ź'=>'z', 'ć'=>'c', 'ń'=>'n');
(i tried to do this but i couldn't make valid link)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33