MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Displaying News on your homepage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Hmm. Ok then, i might do that then. Will all my css and java script still work? There shouldnt be any browser issues should there?
Nope. All that will happen is the PHP will serve up dynamic content while you standard HTML and what not continues to serve up static content.
I tryed it and i am having all sorts of problems so i think i might just stick with using RSS feeds. Is this why the News Plugin isnt working?

Thanks MrDoom your help is much appreciated.
What sort of problems? Can you describe them and/or post error messages?
It just comes up with this "run_hooks("site_news_plugin_run"); ?>" where the news should be.
Well that isn't related to my tutorial at all. That sounds like Tiki's plugin.

As for the error, sounds like once again this is not running in a .php file or that part of the code is not inside <?php tags like so:
<?php run_hooks("site_news_plugin_run"); ?>
Hmm, im having a issue with the news output code displaying my reply post (im the owner/admin) instead of the news post and the person who posted it.

Could this becuase i recently switched servers? or a bug perhaps?

Thanks for any advice, the sooner the reply the better Smile

Cheers
Could I have a link to the news page and a look at the code you are using to display it?
MrDoom Wrote:Could I have a link to the news page and a look at the code you are using to display it?

id prefer not to show the homepage right now as its only about 50% done and very wip.

The code is (the news displaying/outputing part) is the same as the one on the first post of this thread (not modified)

Thanks
Well without seeing the what is actually been output, I can't really help. If you don't want to post the homepage publically, send me a PM. If the code is the same however, I really can't see why it would be doing that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33