MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: iPatrol
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: 4SZiupP.png]
iPatrol

Automate the control over the visitors of your MyBB site

Compatibility:
MyBB 1.8.x family.

Licence:
  • Standard MIT Licence applies.
  • MyBB Group Free Product Licence overrules.
Support:
  • Only through Group Site Thread
  • Custom modification requests are not free and depends on availability of the developer.
  • Users are allowed to create issues directly at Github Repo. However; no customization / modification requests are accepted over GitHub.
  • We don't support custom themes. If the plugin is working with stock theme that concludes the plugin is OK. Any issue related to custom theme only will be considered as custom work and may not be addressed with priority / at all.
Features Implemented:
  • Track the location of your visitor and get various informations like: Country, City, Region, District, Timezone, Zipcode, Latitude-Longitude, Service Provider and many more.
  • Automatically ban the IP addresses of the visitors using proxy.
  • Detect spiders visiting your site which are not already registered and showing as guests. Also, automatically add detected spiders to database so that they can show up in Who's online list as spiders with their name.
  • Get notified about the detected spiders with a different User Agent string for further manual actions.
  • Get notified about the automatic actions taken by iPatrol over email, PM, System log.
Features Planned:
  • Add an extra layer of security by using a honeypot for each form submission to attempt catching automation. The trapped bots can be further IP banned as well.
  • Restrict / IP ban duplicate registration attempts.
  • Restrict access for the visitors based on various geolocation conditions.
  • Ability to see all actions performed by iPatrol right inside Moderator Control Panel.
  • Automatically put the user account under moderation if new user (decided by making x legit posts) is posting a link. The moderation gets removed automatically after posting mentioned number of visible clean posts.
External Dependency:
  • IP-API for geo-location related activities.
  • CrawlerDetect library by JayBizzle for detecting spiders.
Developed and maintained by MyBB Group - https://mybb.group/Thread-iPatrol?pid=9#pid9

YOU CAN GET THE LATEST STABLE VERSION FROM MYBB EXTEND SITE HERE: https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...w&pid=1262
(2019-05-11, 08:52 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]Support:
  • Only through Group Site Thread
  • Custom modification requests are not free and depends on availability of the developer.
  • Users are allowed to create issues directly at Github Repo. However; no customization / modification requests are accepted over GitHub.
  • We don't support custom themes. If the plugin is working with stock theme that concludes the plugin is OK. Any issue related to custom theme only will be considered as custom work and may not be addressed with priority / at all.

Developed and maintained by MyBB Group - https://mybb.group/Thread-iPatrol?pid=9#pid9

I know the support is supposed to go to the Group Site Thread... but...

I can't post anything because of the issue regarding the theme you are using.

It's messing up the Editor Post thing. View the screenshot.

Maybe for now... use the default MyBB Editor until this theme Editor is fixed?

[Image: d4c8de75b368f39f4d97b4b965c10bbe.png]
We were working on something. The site is under dev.
You can continue here if you need support for the plugin.
(2019-05-12, 12:07 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]We were working on something. The site is under dev.
You can continue here if you need support for the plugin.

Aha... makes sense. 

No problem!
New version 1.1.0 is under development, a lot of new features Smile stay tunned!
(2019-09-09, 07:50 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]New version 1.1.0 is under development, a lot of new features Smile stay tunned!

Great!

I have been waiting for the new version to come out.

I had to deactivate the BETA ALPHA version (1.0.0) because there were too many issues.
(2019-09-09, 07:54 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]...  because there were too many issues.

If I recon correctly all your issues are addressed (apart from hiding spiders in WOL).
If you can brief the issues you faced and need change that will help further to development as we are using this plugin in more than 4 known live sites without any issue as such, yes there were features lacking which we are addressing as much possible.
I just upgraded to the new version and it is working perfectly. Thanks for this plugin!
(2019-09-09, 07:54 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-09, 07:50 AM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]New version 1.1.0 is under development, a lot of new features Smile stay tunned!

Great!

I had to deactivate the BETA ALPHA version (1.0.0) because there were too many issues.

Without a feedback from users we cannot fix these "issues"... please open a ticket in Github or reply directly here. Thank you!
(2019-09-09, 03:28 PM)Eldenroot Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-09, 07:54 AM)Serpius Wrote: [ -> ]

Great!

Without a feedback from users we cannot fix these "issues"... please open a ticket in Github or reply directly here. Thank you!

It has been 4 months since I have used the alpha version. I cannot recall what those issues were aside from the ones that I mentioned in the Github postings.

I will wait until the new version comes out and do some testing and see what happens.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5