MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A Different: Authorization code mismatch Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have searched this forum for answers but they do not work for me. Whenever I try to log in, I get this error:

Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.
(Error label: 'invalid_post_code')

I tried the following:
-------
1. Templates requiring changes:
error_nopermission
header_welcomeblock_guest
member_login
portal_welcome_guesttext

Localize form tag
Open each template and look for <form action="member.php" *>. They are the forms you use when logging in. The form tag will likely include other attributes, which you can ignore.

Add token
Add after <form action="member.php"> the following piece of code:

<input name="my_post_key" type="hidden" value="{$mybb->post_code}" />
------'
I checked and saw that all those templates contain the code, but not directly below <form action="member.php"> . Does it matter?

2. Suggestion 2:
--------

Using www for the url could be a problem - removing it might help

first edit ~/inc/settings.php file using editor like notepad++ or editor at web host panel

change value of $settings['bburl'] to http://farmersjoint.com

then login to forum admin panel & edit value of board url
(remove www) at Site Details page of Configuration section
----------
This did not work also. What else should I do? It seemed like this problem have been there for a long time because my members hardly post again. THANKS.
I registered, logged in and out a few times with no authorization code mismatch error.
Try make a new default theme in your ACP and test it.

Also follow this to fix your modal login.
https://community.mybb.com/thread-213964...pid1288154
Thanks for the reply. Which browser did you used? I created a new theme and forced it on all users but it did not help.
I checked my global.css and the modal css code was there.
I tried logging in with opera mini and it went through. Google chrome mobile is having the problem.

Update: Here is the full error message:
Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.
(Error label: 'invalid_post_code')
I registered with Opera browser and just now with Google chrome, still don't get the Authorization code mismatch error.

Try run this and replace any custom modifications or corrupt files.
http://farmersjoint.com/admin/index.php?...rification
Thank God! It is now working! I don't even know how it happened! What is wrong with mybb? I'll use the forum to see if i can find any other error. Thanks a lot iAndrew.

I am back to square one! I can't login again into the forum. The same error is appearing. @iAndrew, I ran the file verification. A lot of files came out with status as 'changed'. 3 files listed below are mising. Please how do i interprete this? The missing files:
Admin/jscripts/codemirror/addon/search/jump-to-line.js Missing
Admin/jscripts/codemirror/mode/css/gss.html Missing
Admin/jscripts/codemirror/mode/css/gss_test.js
Make a backup of /inc/config.php on your desktop and then upload all new MyBB 1.8.20 files and reupload config.php.
Thanks. I'll try that.

(2019-05-22, 01:27 PM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]Make a backup of /inc/config.php on your desktop and then upload all new MyBB 1.8.20 files and reupload config.php.

Do I need to run upgrade?

Please help. I downloaded changed pack of mybb and uploaded all of them but the problem still persists.
(2019-05-22, 01:32 PM)Henlus Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks. I'll try that.

(2019-05-22, 01:27 PM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]Make a backup of /inc/config.php on your desktop and then upload all new MyBB 1.8.20 files and reupload config.php.

Do I need to run upgrade?

Please help. I downloaded changed pack of mybb and uploaded all of them but the problem still persists.

No. I meant just replace your MyBB files in case any were causing the problem.
Thanks iAndrew. I replaced all my mybb files today with the most recent version but the problem is still unsolved. It happens only with google chrome. Firefox and opera mini are doing fine. Note: after uploading new files, I did not run upgrade. Tell me if I need to do that. Thanks.
(2019-05-27, 03:30 PM)Henlus Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks iAndrew. I replaced all my mybb files today with the most recent version but the problem is still unsolved. It happens only with google chrome. Firefox and opera mini are doing fine. Note: after uploading new files, I did not run upgrade. Tell me if I need to do that. Thanks.

You could try this until you find the reason why it is happening.
https://community.mybb.com/thread-222521...pid1326897
Pages: 1 2