MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Authorization code mismatch solution doesn't fix the problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Once again. Can't log in. Already implemented the standard solution, but problem is back.
Any suggestions welcome as I can't log into my own forum, thanks.

I can't login to my own forum, this is very frustrating, surely there must be a solution..
I'm using 1.8.2, the lastest version and I've added no theme or template whatsoever. Just the standard MyBB package.
Curiously, I can login to ACP and I created a new account and that one DOES login without problem??! Perhaps that's useful info to help point at the problem..
69 people have read it at the moment, nobody has any suggestion? I'm locked out of my own 1.8.2 forum:
  • Authorization code mismatch, despite adding the standard solution (adding the token to four different template files.)
  • I have the latest version 1.8.2 and added no theme or template whatsoever so I don't understand why it doesn't work out of the box. This authorization code mismatch was a problem with 1.8.16, and/or with people who installed their own themes or templates. I have 1.8.2 and didn't install anything. Shouldn't this have been fixed in 1.8.2?
  • I can login to ACP, create a new admin (Admin1) and login the forum without a problem, shouldn't that provide a clue what's wrong with the login problems I have with the authorization code mismatch with the existing Admin??
Any suggestions welcome, I'm getting increasingly DESPERATE..
What is your forum url?
(2019-05-25, 09:13 PM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]What is your forum url?

Will draw mixed reviews, to put it mildly:
http://rightwingers.org/forums/
(2019-05-25, 09:31 PM)HvK Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-05-25, 09:13 PM)iAndrew Wrote: [ -> ]What is your forum url?

Will draw mixed reviews, to put it mildly:
http://rightwingers.org/forums/

You are using a 1.8.6 version of the default theme. Delete it and create a new version of the 1.8.20 theme if you are using 1.8.20.

Here is the 1.8.20 default theme you can install.
[attachment=41796]
Thanks iAndrew, much appreciated. I deleted the old theme, when importing the new theme I get an error message: 
  • A theme with the same name already exists. Please specify a different name.
I suppose I have to wait a little for the cycle to remove the existing theme, right? 
Or alternatively, I can just rename the new theme.
Thanks!

Addition: Renaming the theme doesn't help, tried various times with different names. I guess waiting for the delete cycle to pass..

I removed the default theme yesterday, every time I try to upload the new (1.8.20 compatible) version of it I get the following error message:
  • A theme with the same name already exists. Please specify a different name.
Specifying a different name by renaming the file doesn't help. Any suggestions most welcome! Thanks.
Apparently nobody has a suggestion but it should be quite simple:
  1. Upgraded to the latest version 1.8.20.
  2. Assumed (it now appears wrongly) that since I only use the default theme, this would automatically be upgraded as well.
  3. Got the authorization code mismatch.
  4. Applied the standard solution for that, inserting the token in four different template files. To no avail.
  5. iAndrew was friendly enough to point out that the default theme doesn't automatically upgrade, I had to do it manually by first removing the existing older version and then installing the new version (to which he provided a link).
  6. I removed the older version, but any attempts at installing the new version only gives an error message saying that "a theme with the same name already exists. Please specify a different name."
  7. When I rename the new theme version that I want to upload, I keep getting that message.
So:
  • I simply upgraded MyBB, with the standard theme, and as a result of that I can't log into my own forum and nobody has any suggestion (apart from iAndrew) how to solve this.
The simple act of upgrading MyBB software has rendered my whole forum useless. I didn't try to do anything fancy, I don't have any exotic themes, I have only one theme, the standard one. 

Nobody really have any suggestion??
After upgrading to latest version you need to insert the post key code in every single login form. Thats the solution.
If you are with Base (default) theme you need to just identify the mismatched templates and revert to original.
(2019-05-29, 05:25 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]After upgrading to latest version you need to insert the post key code in every single login form. Thats the solution.
If you are with Base (default) theme you need to just identify the mismatched templates and revert to original.

Thanks!

I assume that the post key code you're talking about is the token that one had to insert into the four template files? 
How do I identify the mismatched templates and revert them to original.

Again, thanks, most helpful!
have you tried using a different browser ?

what happens if you try using direct login through this url ?

Edit:
Quote:... mismatched templates and revert them to original.
you can use find updated templates tool at the templates section

looks like below variable is missing from headerinclude template [GitHub link]
var cookieSecureFlag = "{$mybb->settings['cookiesecureflag']}";
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5