MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SCEditor Issues and Resolutions [1.8.21 upgrade]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Thanks effone, the template appears in blue after I reloaded the files in sceditor I was supposed to and following the other steps in the opening post of this thread, and I am still getting the jumbled unusable 'post a new reply' box, and posts made using Quick Reply still feature formatting. 

I think I need someone to actually look at my board. Is there someone with 'know how' that could do this for me? I'll pay!!
OK for me it fixed the issue on my site,
Thank you so much
all Ok with me ... but i can't insert blank lines in editor !!!
Quote:Your templates "codebuttons" is still outdated. For example it references the directory editor_themes which has been removed in MyBB 1.8.21. Have you tried reverting the template? auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver
Thank you much @iAndrew to say that that wasn't exactly obvious would be an understatement. I run a forum, I expect the software (pretty much default) to behave!
Howdy friends, I recently upgraded from 1.8.5 to 1.8.21 and I think I am experiencing the full SCeditor woes. I have tried all the suggestions in this thread and codebuttons are still broken, so no images, no URLs, no emoticons, etc. I tried to do the upgrade process over but naturally the system recognized the 1.8.21 install, so it wouldn't let me do the upgrade. I'm not super-technical, so I know just enough to get myself into this exact predicament. Here is my codebuttons template. Please be gentle.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/editor_themes/{$theme['editortheme']}" type="text/css" media="all" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/jquery.sceditor.bbcode.min.js?ver=1805"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/bbcodes_sceditor.js?ver=1804"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/editor_plugins/undo.js?ver=1805"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
var partialmode = {$mybb->settings['partialmode']},
opt_editor = {
	plugins: "bbcode,undo",
	style: "{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/textarea_styles/jquery.sceditor.{$theme['editortheme']}",
	rtl: {$lang->settings['rtl']},
	locale: "mybblang",
	enablePasteFiltering: true,
	emoticonsEnabled: {$emoticons_enabled},
	emoticons: {
		// Emoticons to be included in the dropdown
		dropdown: {
			{$dropdownsmilies}
		},
		// Emoticons to be included in the more section
		more: {
			{$moresmilies}
		},
		// Emoticons that are not shown in the dropdown but will still be converted. Can be used for things like aliases
		hidden: {
			{$hiddensmilies}
		}
	},
	emoticonsCompat: true,
	toolbar: "{$basic1}{$align}{$font}{$size}{$color}{$removeformat}{$basic2}image,{$email}{$link}|video{$emoticon}|{$list}{$code}quote|maximize,source",
};
{$editor_language}
$(function() {
	$("#{$bind}").sceditor(opt_editor);

MyBBEditor = $("#{$bind}").sceditor("instance");
	{$sourcemode}
});
</script>
(2019-12-16, 04:46 PM)toeknee Wrote: [ -> ]Howdy friends, I recently upgraded from 1.8.5 to 1.8.21 and I think I am experiencing the full SCeditor woes. I have tried all the suggestions in this thread and codebuttons are still broken, so no images, no URLs, no emoticons, etc. I tried to do the upgrade process over but naturally the system recognized the 1.8.21 install, so it wouldn't let me do the upgrade. I'm not super-technical, so I know just enough to get myself into this exact predicament. Here is my codebuttons template. Please be gentle.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/editor_themes/{$theme['editortheme']}" type="text/css" media="all" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/jquery.sceditor.bbcode.min.js?ver=1805"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/bbcodes_sceditor.js?ver=1804"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/editor_plugins/undo.js?ver=1805"></script>
opt_editor = {
	plugins: "bbcode,undo",
	style: "{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/textarea_styles/jquery.sceditor.{$theme['editortheme']}",
			{$dropdownsmilies}
		},
			{$moresmilies}
		},
		// Emoticons that are not shown in the dropdown but will still be converted. Can be used for things like aliases
			{$hiddensmilies}
		}
	},
	toolbar: "{$basic1}{$align}{$font}{$size}{$color}{$removeformat}{$basic2}image,{$email}{$link}|video{$emoticon}|{$list}{$code}quote|maximize,source",
};
{$editor_language}
$(function() {

{$sourcemode}
});
</script>

Hello,
please try using the following:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/themes/{$theme['editortheme']}" type="text/css" media="all" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/jquery.sceditor.bbcode.min.js?ver=1821"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/bbcodes_sceditor.js?ver=1821"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/plugins/undo.js?ver=1821"></script>
opt_editor = {
    plugins: "undo",
    format: "bbcode",
    bbcodeTrim: true,
    style: "{$mybb->asset_url}/jscripts/sceditor/styles/jquery.sceditor.{$theme['editortheme']}?ver=1821",
    width: "100%",
    autoUpdate: true,
            {$dropdownsmilies}
        },
            {$moresmilies}
        },
            {$hiddensmilies}
        }
    },
};
{$editor_language}
$(function() {

{$sourcemode}
});
</script>

Your forum might be using a custom theme template as the original one, for some reason.
Thanks, mTurtle. I tried that, and it restored the editor, but codebuttons still don't work. To be clear, the buttons are there, and they insert the appropriate code, AND everything looks fine in preview, but after posting, nothing shows up. Any other ideas on things to try?
hello
I want to start typing automatically from the second line after the quote box.
This gap has been removed after upgrading to the new version and now it's not compatible with my template.
[attachment=42532]
Recently upgraded to 1822 from 1817.  Got most things working, but one editor issue eludes me.  Searched for SCEditor problems and didn't find anything quite like it.  And I can reproduce right here.

When you engage the editor - I'll preview here from Quick Reply.  Enter some text, then copy that line and paste:

Test line 1

Test line 1

Turning on source, you can see the editor has added the pictured mycode during the paste operation:

[attachment=42715]

Easy enough to work around, but assume this is a known issue?  Any fixes?

regards - nixer55
(2020-04-01, 12:07 PM)dartsnutz Wrote: [ -> ]Recently upgraded to 1822 from a pre-1821 release.  Got most things working, but one editor issue eludes me.  Searched for SCEditor problems and didn't find anything quite like it.  And I can reproduce right here.

When you engage the editor - I'll preview here from Quick Reply.  Enter some text, then copy that line and paste:

Test line 1

Test line 1

Turning on source, you can see the editor has added the pictured mycode during the paste operation:

Easy enough to work around, but assume this is a known issue?  Any fixes?

regards - nixer55

Have been experiencing this myself, and it's also been reported by a member of our forum. I can't quite pin it down to a particular MyBB release though. I had been meaning to search these forums for a fix, so your post is timely. We know SCEditor is buggy; possibly the solution is a deep dive into its code, which I haven't yet attempted.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5