MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SCEditor Issues and Resolutions [1.8.21 upgrade]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Beginner user, so can't talk to much code with you guys&gals, but I followed the steps from the initial post and:

1. The editor is broken down - the I have some blue lines left aligned (you can see in the attachment) instead of all the editor functions
2. Writing something, what gets posted is: <p>xcadfvwd<span id="sceditor-end-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="line-height: 0; display: none;"> </span><span id="sceditor-start-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="line-height: 0; display: none;"> </span></p>

The initial problem which made me try this solution that in Post Reply function, the HMTL code was being displayed along with the reply. 

I will greatly appreciate the help.
^ have you tried changing editor style at the theme properties ?
(2020-04-11, 10:08 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ have you tried changing editor style at the theme properties ?
Yes. I went through all the available ones - nothing improved. 
However - after choosing an editor style from the dropdown menu and saving the changes, when I scroll down I see that the style keeps being modern.min

There is also something happening further down - with the Manage Colours. 
By default the theme has in the Manage Colours this:
orange.css = Orange
green.css = Green
purple.css = Purple

Trying to save the changes, I get a message:
The following errors were encountered:
  • The defined color set "orange.css = Orange" is either having invalid character(s) or not in prescribed format. Only alpha-numeric characters are allowed for naming separated by '='.

• The defined color set "green.css = Green" is either having invalid character(s) or not in prescribed format. Only alpha-numeric characters are allowed for naming separated by '='.

• The defined color set "purple.css = Purple" is either having invalid character(s) or not in prescribed format. Only alpha-numeric characters are allowed for naming separated by '='.
    I tried to remove the .css or the spaces on the sides of the =, but it just keeps getting back to the initial form (together with any other changes I made - like changing the editor style). So I'm puzzled.
^ if direct help required,
I can try to check in about 2 hours from now
I'd need temporary access to forum admin panel & files (ftp)
I removed that Manage Colours thing and now was able to change the editor styles. 
However - it didn't help much (see the attachments).

And sure, if you're able/willing to help me solve the issue, then just let me know how we can arrange that.
^ you may PM me temporary access to your forum admin panel & ftp
Hi, 
After doing as mention in 1st post,
It shows duplication of few buttons as shown in the below image.

[attachment=43084]
^ have you reverted codebuttons template to its original code ?
exactly which version of MyBB you are using ?
hi

in this page : https://camo.mybb.com/02e82f518301f35446...732e706e67

can i change buttons name?
(2020-07-25, 06:46 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]..

This happens when you select and copy text from mybb and paste it in the reply like I've just done

i.e
[font="droid sans", sans-serif]

This gets parsed in Sceditor but not in showthread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5