MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Status Updates [In Dev]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello all, 

So, I've been developing a secret project on the side for some time now. It's a new status updates/profile comments plugin that supports replies, likes, etc. It's a small plugin, but I'm pretty excited for this one nevertheless. Smile 

Features:
  • Full support for replies to statuses! Not only can you write a status, but you can comment on other user's statuses. 
  • Native alerts. (Optional MyAlerts integration will be added before release). 
  • Statuses can be liked.
  • Uses ajax. No page refresh required for most functions. 
  • Statuses can display on the index, portal, profiles, or the postbit. 
  • Dedicated "community status" page that displays all statuses from all users.
  • Ability to link to a single status and display it directly. 
  • On the postbit, the most recent status is displayed below the avatar (see screenshots.) A popup link for a modal is also created. 
  • 20+ settings. 
Screenshots (so far):
[Image: PdfD3.png]

[Image: ytyRJ.png]

[Image: 4ekUN.png]

Disclaimer: This plugin is mostly written, but is still a couple months away from being released. We are currently using it over at my community (if you'd like to see a demo), but there is still work left to do. If you would like to get involved, please let me know, as anything is a help! I'll be pushing a beta in the next few weeks to Github.  

With that said, what features would you guys like to see in this? I still have some time to add a few things. Smile
I recently installed MyProfile in a forum to get it fixed. Would be great to have something more updated. I might get to contribute once you release it.

Good luck.

Edit: I clicked the like button as a guest and this is what is displayed (attached).
Looks nice Smile @Darth Apple

And @Omar G i have the Profile System already finished and working into my site but i am working into the next major version so if you want to get it let me know to sent you the files for you can give it an eye Smile

And for this one it's time to wait for the released version or similar Smile
Thanks guys. Smile

I will say that I have long been apprehensive about releasing this one, largely because there are several status/comment related plugins that exist already. That being said, recently a few people have been talking me into it. The plugins that are currently available are out of date (and many of them lack ajax/replies), so this one will have something new to bring to the table. It's going to be much more modern and more IPB-like than the existing plugins. (And of course it feels good to be back into the plugin community after a 5 year hiatus. Toungue)

@Omar: Thank you, much appreciated! And regarding the guest redirect, that will be fixed before release (among a few other things). And contributions are absolutely 100% welcome! I had a few people contribute to BAM, and it was very helpful during the process. Smile

@Whiteneo: Thank you! MyBB has long needed a good replacement for the profile. I'll be looking forward to what you release and will definitely be using it.
Looks really good! I am looking forward! Good job!
Looks awesome Darth Apple I hope I see more updates from this project.
@Darth Apple no i don't think on release this yet to the public only for mybb contributors and my Premium membership subcribed users or owned users that have it for free.

I will share with anyone who have contrinuted into the mybb communitty forums with many jobs due it is a very complex system that i have writen and modified until now, maybe i will release the current version i have already but the new one only will be disponible into my forums to test it and for contributors but the current one will be public in a couple of months Smile
Development is going well. I'm working hard on it and will have a beta as soon as possible! I need some feedback on something real quick. Smile

How many alerts are too many?

Statuses can be liked, and as of now, there are no alerts when this happens. Native alerts are done with PM-style alerts (which bring you to a dedicated page that lists all alerts in the user CP). Of course, MyAlerts will do alerts better, but I want the alerts to function well for forums without it as well.

Regarding likes, if I add alerts for these, it's going to have to generate an alert on every new like. (If someone likes a status and you view the alert, and then someone else likes the status, you'll get a new alert.) This is going to generate a lot of alerts.

Is this excessive? If alerts were enabled for likes as well, would you use them, or would you end up disabling them?

@Whiteneo: Ah, I see. Understandable either way. Good luck with it! Smile
(2020-03-12, 01:32 AM)Darth Apple Wrote: [ -> ]Development is going well. I'm working hard on it and will have a beta as soon as possible! I need some feedback on something real quick. Smile

Statuses can be liked, and as of now, there are no alerts when this happens. Native alerts are done with PM-style alerts (which bring you to a dedicated page that lists all alerts in the user CP). Of course, MyAlerts will do alerts better, but I want the alerts to function well for forums without it as well.

Regarding likes, if I add alerts for these, it's going to have to generate an alert on every new like. (If someone likes a status and you view the alert, and then someone else likes the status, you'll get a new alert.) This is going to generate a lot of alerts.

Is this excessive? If alerts were enabled for likes as well, would you use them, or would you end up disabling them?
For me I think its too much make it something like how Xenforo has it for example user "Gamerboy"" and 4 others liked your status
Oh for sure! The issue is that if you view this alert, and someone new likes it, it will send a new one saying "Gamerboy and 5 others have liked your status." So every time someone new likes your status, you would get a new alert with the updated list.

Not really sure if there's a better way to handle that or not, because this plugin doesn't have a dropdown alert box like Xenforo has. They will show up like PMs do (although these are not PMs and simply link to a user CP alerts page), so they are a little more intrusive by nature.
Pages: 1 2 3