MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Wrong and Irrelevant Search Results
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey there everyone. Whenever I search something on my board, it shows me every thread created, doesn't matter what I searched. Happens both in quick and advanced searches.

Here's the my board that I'm experiencing the issue: https://mofidik.club (PHP 7.4.23, MySQLi 10.3.31 and myBB 1.8.27)

Don't know what kind of information I can give regarding this problem but willing to share anything to solve this if asked.

Thanks!
The name of the search field in your header is wrong. It's named "search" but should be named "keywords".
(2021-09-12, 07:51 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]The name of the search field in your header is wrong. It's named "search" but should be named "keywords".

Nothing has changed. Also, I've not altered the advanced search page, it's the same with my fresh installed test board and advanced search in my original board does show all the irrelevant results just like in the header either.
I'm talking about the big search bar in the header, the input field has the wrong name so will never work.

Do you have any search plugins installed? Can see something for IMDB. Are you using Standard or Full Text search under the "Search System" settings?
(2021-09-12, 08:39 PM)Matt Wrote: [ -> ]I'm talking about the big search bar in the header, the input field has the wrong name so will never work.

Do you have any search plugins installed? Can see something for IMDB. Are you using Standard or Full Text search under the "Search System" settings?

Yes, I changed the search bar in the header so that would've made sense if I did something wrong, which I apperantly did but I changed input field's name to keywords and it still doesn't work and what I meant is that I've not changed anything in the advanced search page but yet it doesn't work either. I'm using Full Text search but it's the same with the Standard. As far as I can tell, there's no search related plugin installed on my board. Tried disabling IMDB plugin, still the same. Also, I've installed almost every plugin that I have on my original board into my test board but search function there seems to working as intended.
Does the same happens when you use the default theme ?
(2021-09-13, 09:04 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Does the same happens when you use the default theme ?

It's already myBB's default theme, just changed things a bit.
When I open the https://mofidik.club link that is not the default theme with "things changed a bit".

Please allow guests to use the default theme to test your issue.
(2021-09-13, 10:17 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]When I open the https://mofidik.club link that is not the default theme with "things changed a bit".

Please allow guests to use the default theme to test your issue.

I've reverted back to the MyBB's default theme for visitors, so you should now check it out what's wrong but sadly the problem persists.
Have you tried replacing the search.php with the file in the latest distribution package?
Its possible that your search.php got corrupted or modified somehow.

Second possibility is the wrong interference of a plugin. In that case try disabling the plugins...
Pages: 1 2 3