MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RoundoDarko - Free Theme Dark Modern MyBB (Responsive)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
[Image: fffe8d37c461535c916c5b20fc842b0d.png]

Roundo gives a new modern look to MyBB. The default and many extended themes offered by MyBB are not mobile-friendly and have fallen behind when it comes to web design trends as modern web design moves into a more minimal and flat direction. With this project, I look to modify MyBB's template, bring its design up to date, and make it responsive. I also find many MyBB pages bloated with information and inputs; so my second goal is to declutter/minify information and simplify the UI to give a better forum experience. This design will make consistent use of round shapes as seen in buttons, box containers, text fields, and avatars hence the name Roundo.

Roundo Darko is an alternate theme based on the default (light) Roundo Theme. This theme maintains Roundo's modern forum design but uses a darker color palette. This is great for forum owners or users who prefer darker interfaces as they can be easier on the eyes.

[Image: roundo-darko-preview-thumb-1.jpg]

DEMO AVAILABLE
https://bitoony.com/mybb/index.php
*Scroll down to the Theme Selector and select Roundo-Darko Theme

DOWNLOAD
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=1489
ohhj wooow..... 😍
Great addition. Smile
Gonna test it, and probably use it soon if tests are ok.

Nice job Waleed !
i have a question , is there any changes you have made in templates in the light version of Roundo theme to make this dark theme or it's just changes in the stylesheet colors and backgrounds ?

if it is due to only stylesheet changes then i can just add a toggle button to light version and with some javascript and extra stylesheet file just with a touch you can have the dark version , i mean to say in one theme you can have both styles.
(2021-11-03, 02:43 PM)PARADOXP Wrote: [ -> ]i have a question , is there any changes you have made in templates in the light version of Roundo theme to make this dark theme or it's just changes in the stylesheet colors and backgrounds ?

if it is due to only stylesheet changes then i can just add a toggle button to light version and with some javascript and extra stylesheet file just with a touch you can have the dark version , i mean to say in one theme you can have both styles.

Its just css changes with same classes and IDs.

Edit: I do remember having made some inline changes in the template as well and a few css additions. Anyway give it a try and let me know how it goes.

(2021-11-03, 10:46 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Gonna test it, and probably use it soon if tests are ok.

Nice job Waleed !

Thank you. Lmk if there's any issues you come accross.
I see you added it as a separate project on Extend - have you considered a light & dark variations in separate stylesheets, applied according to Attached toSpecific color options?
(2021-11-03, 08:41 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]I see you added it as a separate project on Extend - have you considered a light & dark variations in separate stylesheets, applied according to Attached toSpecific color options?

I thought I'd release a separate dark version that people can default to and be their main theme instead of using cookies for a night mode. MyBB seems to be popular among short-lived Hack Forums inspired forums so I assume they'd rather use this one. I also got several requests for a dark version. What you recommended is something I should look into for the future. I've never done this before storing selection in the user's cookies and switching stylesheets based on their selection. I'm sure that'll be handy for future projects. This was pretty time consuming but I think I'll put the biggest effort into a 1.9 theme once that's released then move on to making themes for other softwares.
This is a fantastic and stunning theme. Thank you for working on this and making it available free of charge to the community.
(2021-11-03, 10:38 PM)Ben Wrote: [ -> ]This is a fantastic and stunning theme. Thank you for working on this and making it available free of charge to the community.

No problem. Honestly enjoyed the process. Turn off the outside world and just get sucked into designing for hours. I'd look over at the clock at it's 4:00am lol. The most rewarding part will be seeing this used on live forums, can't wait for that. Glad I could offer something. I'm going to shift over to doing themes for Shopify and Wordpress. I'll be back for 1.9 and contribute with 1 more theme.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5