MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Backups are very small and I can't do them
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi everyone ,
Today when I tried to make some backups on my forum I tried to click backup and I got it! BUT it was very small like 1.47mb , when normally I was having a 37 mb backup ( zipped format not txt) . I don't know what to do , I checked the logs and NOTHING THERE. I restarted mysql and still nothing.I m using no the .29 version of mybb . I really want to fix this . Oh and the second problem is that ( when everything was working fine , like 1 week ago ) I wasn't able to make the file type : Plain Text backups . Now I can't do any of these two normally . The backup is working but the size of the files are not ok. AND YES I MADE SURE THAT I SELECTED LL THE TABLES AND THE GOOD BACKUP CONTENT .
Please help me guys

Guys please can someone help me ??
I am the administrator of several forums and I have had the same situation in some cases.

The tool of backups its ok but You should pay attention to the table (mybb_sessions) and select (yes) to Analyze and Optimize Selected Tables…

When i doit backups from files with size 60 mgs and 50 mgs and the next mont when doit a new backup the size its 1.4, or 3 mb and all database are ok with thread, post and stats.

In my experience as an administrator from MyBB Boards its about table (mybb_sessions)

I wanted to share my experience as an administrator in that part of the backups.

a development can doit a better support and information…

Godd day
I did what you said and it still didn't work... Idk why, I even did optimize database and recount + rebuild but it doesn't work
Is the exported SQL file correct? I mean dose the file contain all the data from what you chose to backup?
(2021-12-24, 05:56 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Is the exported SQL file correct? I mean dose the file contain all the data from what you chose to backup?

Sure no , because the size is smaller .
First of all, forget about the size of the backup!

(2021-12-24, 06:41 PM)Noter33 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-12-24, 05:56 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]Is the exported SQL file correct? I mean dose the file contain all the data from what you chose to backup?

Can you ensure all necessary data is inside the SQL file!?
First - dont matter the file size!
Second - please check the SQL file content!
Whats the difference of the current (small) file to those of the (bigger) file.

Another question:
How many backup files do you have at all to compare? What the time range you created these?
What about compression - activated or not?
What about administration actions you did recentyl?

As a prove for your backup is fine or not:
- Create a backup
- Build a copy forum of your current one in another subdirectory
- Import the backup
- Make the changes to for domain/directories in config
- Then compare the re-import
What's the result?

#
Of course you won't post any contents of your forum or backups - so please appreciate all the questions that may halp to solve your issue... whether it's a notable problem or even not.

[ETS]
(2021-12-25, 01:39 AM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]First of all, forget about the size of the backup!

(2021-12-24, 06:41 PM)Noter33 Wrote: [ -> ]

Can you ensure all necessary data is inside the SQL file!?
First - dont matter the file size!
Second - please check the SQL file content!
Whats the difference of the current (small) file to those of the (bigger) file.

Another question:
How many backup files do you have at all to compare? What the time range you created these?
What about compression - activated or not?
What about administration actions you did recentyl?

As a prove for your backup is fine or not:
- Create a backup
- Build a copy forum of your current one in another subdirectory
- Import the backup
- Make the changes to for domain/directories in config
- Then compare the re-import
What's the result?

#
Of course you won't post any contents of your forum or backups - so please appreciate all the questions that may halp to solve your issue... whether it's a notable problem or even not.

[ETS]

So  I got my last backup that I mad the last week and a lot of things are different , I mean a lot of tables are missing..
What's your database?

Could you please describe a bit more about "a lot of tables are missing"?
(2021-12-25, 03:25 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]What's your database?

So I tried to do db backup with phpmyadmin too today , but again, it didn't work.

By "it doesn't work" I want to say that I get thee same very small database with a lot of files missing ...
(2021-12-25, 06:30 PM)Noter33 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2021-12-25, 03:25 PM)noyle Wrote: [ -> ]What's your database?

So I tried to do db backup with phpmyadmin too today , but again, it didn't work.

By "it doesn't work" I want to say that I get thee same very small database with a lot of files missing ...

what we are asking is how did you come to this conclusion? just by the size of the files? you say the tables are missing, so which tables are missing? it would be very useful you to post the comparative image between two databases (missing and complete).
Pages: 1 2 3