MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Required word needed for registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
That seems to have done it, Lex! GREAT! I'll let you know if I stumble upon anything else.

Sorry you're having problems, Simple! It's working great for me! I hate to ask, but did you put your own questions into the ACP? They aren't there by default! Big Grin
judel Wrote:I hate to ask, but did you put your own questions into the ACP? They aren't there by default! Big Grin

haha...that is EXACTLY what I didn't do. I just figured out what ACP means and where I can find the settings for this plugin.

Thank you judel and thank you sooo much LeX- for creating this plugin.
I'm gonna add some default questions in it tonight =P Should have mentioned that in my first post Wink But i'm glad it's working now! =D
OOPS, sorry about that Simple! Big Grin I should have noticed you're brand new and gave you more specific instructions. Glad you were able to figure it out on your own so quickly!

I've already had two new members since I installed the plugin, so no problems on that side! Yes, thanks again, Lex, for creating this!
Hey Lex! I think there is an incompatibility with 1.2.10. I just found out that the following error comes up when a user registers but doesn't answer the question.

Fatal error: Using $this when not in object context in /home/content/jxxxxxxxx/html/forum/inc/plugins/wnr.php on line 157

Here is the line from the file:

$this->set_error($db->escape_string($mybb->settings['wnr_error']));

Is this easily fixable (I hope)???? Big Grin

edit: OK, LOL...he's fixed it and posted it on his own site:
http://thingiej.be/mybb/showthread.php?t...240#pid240
Has something to do with PHP 5.* ... =P Dunno what's causing it =P
thx lex! i am trying it now.
LeX- Wrote:Has something to do with PHP 5.* ... =P Dunno what's causing it =P

OH? I thought it might be the update. At least it's working correctly again! Toungue Thanks
Does anyone still have the updated version of this plugin, the one I have has a bit of a problem that when a user goes to register the question's text is not displayed so the user can not enter the right answer to successfully register.

Unfortunately when Lex's site went down, all his plugins went with it so I am unable to download the updated version of it.
find the following code in your wnr.php file:

$this->set_error($db->escape_string($mybb->settings['wnr_error']));
and replace with the following:
$reg->set_error($db->escape_string($mybb->settings['wnr_error']));
Pages: 1 2 3 4