MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Required word needed for registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
judel Wrote:find the following code in your wnr.php file:

$this->set_error($db->escape_string($mybb->settings['wnr_error']));
and replace with the following:
$reg->set_error($db->escape_string($mybb->settings['wnr_error']));

Thanks, however I just replace that code and re-uploaded it, however the questions still aren't being displayed on the register page.

It shows the extra safety check on the registration page however it doesn't show the question itself so the user never knows what answer to enter in the box.

There must be something else wrong.
Sorry, I read your post wrong. I just assumed you needed the fix that Lex did, which I posted above. There is no other update to this plugin that I am aware of.

Are you sure you entered the questions correctly in the ACP? I don't have any problems with the questions showing up, and that fix is the only thing I did to the plugin...but that only fixes the php 5 incompatibility.

If the questions aren't showing up, I can only think you didn't enter the questions correctly. Check your format or paste what you have here.
I've disabled the plugin for the time being however I'll post what I had below:

Is a cherry red or green?|red
Whats the color of a banana?|yellow
Whats 2+2?|4
Whats 3+3?|6
Is the grass yellow or green?|green
Who was the first president of the USA?|george washington
What 4+4?|8
Hmmm...the only thing I can think of is that the text is there, but the color is the same as the background? Maybe you could reactivate it, put the questions back in and try it again? Highlight the security box on the registration page and see if there is invisible text there. I can't think of any other reason the questions wouldn't show up. I have so many plugins on my site, that I can't think of any that would conflict.
judel Wrote:Hmmm...the only thing I can think of is that the text is there, but the color is the same as the background? Maybe you could reactivate it, put the questions back in and try it again? Highlight the security box on the registration page and see if there is invisible text there. I can't think of any other reason the questions wouldn't show up. I have so many plugins on my site, that I can't think of any that would conflict.

Is there a template this plugin modifies?

I had this plugin before and disabled it a while back when my forum went down temporarily. Maybe when I last disabled it, it didn't revert the modification of the template and when I enabled it again it created duplicate code and is conflicting.

I notice when you disable some mods it doesn't revert the modifications the mod made to the template, thus I have to go in and manually edit because it cause conflicts when re-enabling the mod if I don't.

Any idea of what template this modifies and what code it adds if any?

I already tried highlighting the security box and found that the text just simply isn't showing up.
It adds $wnr to the member_register template...and it takes it away when you deactivate.

You're saying the box shows up but just not the question, so the plugin is running. It just isn't pulling the question function, which is strange.

So we can rule out there is something wrong with the file you're using, try the one I have on my site. If it still doesn't work, then there must be a conflict on your site.
judel Wrote:It adds $wnr to the member_register template...and it takes it away when you deactivate.

You're saying the box shows up but just not the question, so the plugin is running. It just isn't pulling the question function, which is strange.

So we can rule out there is something wrong with the file you're using, try the one I have on my site. If it still doesn't work, then there must be a conflict on your site.

Yep still doesn't work, must be a conflict as you mentioned. I wish I could pinpoint the conflicting plugin/modification without going through and disabling them all and enabling them one by one to find the troublesome plugin.

Is there a list out there on which plugins are fully compatible with the latest version of Mybb without conflicts?

I noticed that out of date plugins are still being offered on the mods page. This can be really confusing as it doesn't state that it won't work with the latest version Mybb.

I say any old plugins should be taken off of the mods site and moved to an archive and leave the mods site for plugins fully compatible with the latest versions of Mybb.

This will ease up confusion and possibly lessen support threads that are the result of an outdated conflicting mod.

Has any one else had the issue I am having with this plugin? If so list the steps you took to resolve it and possibly post what plugins were conflicting with this mod.
I get this errormsg when I try to activate the plugin:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1146 - Table 'forum.tbtmybb_tbtmybb_templates' doesn't exist
Query:
    INSERT INTO tbtmybb_tbtmybb_templates (`tid`,`title`,`template`,`sid`,`version`,`dateline`) VALUES ('','member_register_wnr','
    \n

Undecided
Maybe it's due to the fact it's a 1.2 plugin Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4