MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem in viewing threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi

recently I found that there is some problem in showing threads in topics for some usergroups.
For some usersgroupt threads in some topics do not show. and below error occured:

Sorry, but there are currently no threads in this forum with the specified date and time limiting options.

when I change date and time limiting setting in below of topics from "from beginning" to " Last Year" or any other time all topics has been shown.

please guide me to solve this problem.
Need your Guide !
Need your Guide !
Are there topics that are within the time frame and can topics in this subforum be seen and read by the relevant user groups?
Check the permissions in the respective forums for the corresponding user groups
(2023-11-08, 09:46 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]Are there topics that are within the time frame and can topics in this subforum be seen and read by the relevant user groups?
Check the permissions in the respective forums for the corresponding user groups

hello
all topics are written in normal mode. all permissions are true.
users can not see topics till they changes showing topics from "beginning" to for example "last year".
when they changed it can see topics.
Check that UserCP does not have a Forum Display Option / Default Thread View setting that overrides Use Default.

datecut selection is determined here in forumdisplay.php, and daysprune is set in usercop.php

448  $datecut = 9999;
 449  if(empty($mybb->input['datecut']))
 450  {
 451      // If the user manually set a date cut, use it.
 452      if(!empty($mybb->user['daysprune']))
 453      {
 454          $datecut = $mybb->user['daysprune'];
 455      }
 456      else
 457      {
 458          // If the forum has a non-default date cut, use it.
 459          if(!empty($foruminfo['defaultdatecut']))
 460          {
 461              $datecut = $foruminfo['defaultdatecut'];
 462          }
 463      }
 464  }
 465  // If there was a manual date cut override, use it.
 466  else
 467  {
 468      $datecut = $mybb->get_input('datecut', MyBB::INPUT_INT);
 469  }

defaultdatecut is set for the forum in AdminCP / Forums & Posts / select forum / Edit Forum Settings / Default View Options.
Hi
thank you for your guide.
All things are true but topics do not show.
What does AdminCP / Tools & Maintenance / File Verification show?
Which files are altered? Yes, I know that some plugins alter core code. I'm only seeking which ones have changed.
Does your error.log show a clue?

As guest, forumdisplay is working properly.
You said "some usergroups" do not display properly with default settings.
What is distinctive about those usergroups.
Error.log shows some problems related to a plugin. Can you disable that plugin temporarily to see if the forumdisplay problem still exists with that usergroup?

My forum has several custom usergroups in addition to the built-in ones. I have a test user account for each group that I can use to evaluate usergroup problems. That is just background for my thinking and asking what is distinctive about the usergroups. I'm assuming you have verified in some way that the problem is common to all members in an affected usergroup. Besides guest usergroup, does that problem *not* occur with other usergroup(s).

The plugin problem I observed generates warnings that may not be related to the forumdisplay issue, but should be addressed nevertheless.

At this point, there is much which is opaque to me. I trust you will find a fix given the clues.

The sun is rising on a new day, and I am off to the Annual Amish Auction to see what bargains might be found.

Good luck. Please report back what you have found.
(2023-11-11, 10:45 AM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]What does AdminCP / Tools & Maintenance / File Verification show?
Which files are altered? Yes, I know that some plugins alter core code. I'm only seeking which ones have changed.
Does your error.log show a clue?

As guest, forumdisplay is working properly.
You said "some usergroups" do not display properly with default settings.
What is distinctive about those usergroups.
Error.log shows some problems related to a plugin. Can you disable that plugin temporarily to see if the forumdisplay problem still exists with that usergroup?

My forum has several custom usergroups in addition to the built-in ones. I have a test user account for each group that I can use to evaluate usergroup problems. That is just background for my thinking and asking what is distinctive about the usergroups. I'm assuming you have verified in some way that the problem is common to all members in an affected usergroup. Besides guest usergroup, does that problem *not* occur with other usergroup(s).

The plugin problem I observed generates warnings that may not be related to the forumdisplay issue, but should be addressed nevertheless.

At this point, there is much which is opaque to me. I trust you will find a fix given the clues.

The sun is rising on a new day, and I am off to the Annual Amish Auction to see what bargains might be found.

Good luck. Please report back what you have found.

Hi
Thanks for your reply.

1- I attached the file verification screen shot. 
2- As guest please go to "CivilEA Shop>Own-Copyrighted Material" and change the forum display order to "From Beginning" and you can see no tpoic. I checked and found all usergroups except admin can not see all topics.
3- I disabled all plugins and the error persist yet.

Thank You.
forumdisplay.php is modified. That's the first place to consider checking if changes have modified search results unexpectedly.

Is that the only forum affected?

As guest, I note the thread count for that sub-forum listed in CivilEA Shop is 0.
Thread and post counts are 0 and 0 for CivilEA Registry as well. The thread permitted by guest permissions becomes visible when changing display order away from From The Beginning.

Curious. What happens when you change the forum default date cutoff in AdminCP / Forums & Posts / select forum / Edit Forum Settings
Pages: 1 2 3