MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit: Need someone!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Edit: I need someone who can upload and change the permissions for me please, if you'd like to help cause I've been trying different things for 3 weeks and I have no idea so can someone help me please!

Well I'm using freewebs and I'm uploading everthing file, image all at once... Its taking a long time. Is there anyway I can speed up the process so it doesn't take so long? And how can I access my forum once its finished?

So far I have almost everything thats in the upload file uploaded except for a couple of folders which will take a while...

If anybody could help me that would be awesome!
What about MySQL, MSACCESS, and PHP? 
Unfortunately, Freewebs does not offer these functions. 

http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Requirements
Ok thanks but do you know a good hosting service?
Thanks but can I just upload the hole MyBB_129 file at once or will that not work?
You need to upload the contents of the upload folder.

[Wiki: installing] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
if your server can extract zip or gzip archive it's will be faster to upload a zip archive, that what I have done.

Good luck!
well I got FlashFXP and I've uploaded all the files and I'm using http://www.freehostia.com/ but I've yet to access the page (just finished though, so haven't gotten to that yet) hopefully I can get it to work and I'll be posting again with the results so watch out.
ok well this stinks I can't use it at least not on freehostia.com its all messed up and I can't use FlashFXP to upload anything cause thats not working... And I couldn't get the forum to even go to the install thing I always got errors >.< Am I doing something wrong?
Well, I know that you can use free hostia, since I have installed a mybb forum there with no problems. You must not be uploading the files correctly. Like Destroyer said, you need to upload the contents within the Upload folder in the 1.2.9 download. You then need to create your mysql database and note the name of that, the password and where the database is located. Once you do that and run the install script, you should be able to do it no problem.
Pages: 1 2 3 4