MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: lol, phpBB finally gets a Gold release done.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic...477ace4c4c

Gold = final, right?

Anyways, hopefully they didn't include more extra hooks/etc. this time. Toungue
They still have 23 hours until the launch Toungue
question.
who cares?
the competitor are always care!
I used to use phpbb.....before I found Mybb.

I remember Phpbb 2.xx being frequently targetted by spammers and bots where it was insanely easy for them to register and spam your board.

On a vanilla install of Mybb even without captcha spammers/bots are nearly non-existent. While it's not completely spam/bot free, you only get one to a few spambots once in a while. Just ban them and move along then you don't see anything for a while again.

Also the mods are easier to install and seems there are much more mods available for Mybb than Phpbb.

Mybb is feature rich even for a vanilla install while Phpbb was lacking. I'm not quite sure how Phpbb is now or how the 3.0 release will be compared to the 2.xx versions.
Some users like it.

I just can't use it anymore since I choose MyBB. It has nothing I desire anymore. I can't see why they didn't add quick reply. I guess they are aiming for a different target market.
the name reminds me of mybb gold Toungue
I like Phpbb's new theme but its template system isn' useful as much as MyBB's.

So, I complately love MyBB Big Grin
phpbb isn't my cup of tea. I really would rather use MyBB. Smile
I loved phpbb for a long time as it was free and easy to use (Even if you had to add mods manually it wasn't hard). I tried all of the other free ones (Before mybb of course) and just found that their panels were to confusing especially SMF (Which is why I hate it, I mean it's control panels are insanely bad).

I have been with MyBB since I found it but at first I tried to go back to phpbb once phpbb3 was in it's RC stages and well it was a disappointment. Thus in my mind it's already out of the race because if it has a whole new version number and still can't compete it will need another complete re-do to stand a chance.(In less 5 years that is)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6