MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do Schools Etc, Teach English These Days?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Yo no se Ingles Sad
People say "would've", so when typing, their brains say "would of". It's the same as "taking ___ for granite" instead of "granted"
I always attempt to use proper grammar and spelling in anything I do that involves English, including but not limited to forums and messaging.

There are times when I spend a few minutes pondering over a single sentence to see how best to structure it.
Kwek Wrote:There are times when I spend a few minutes pondering over a single sentence to see how best to structure it.

I usually try to do that, for the benefit of the other user... I can easily get my words jumbled =X.
ahero4heor Wrote:
Kwek Wrote:There are times when I spend a few minutes pondering over a single sentence to see how best to structure it.

I usually try to do that, for the benefit of the other user... I can easily get my words jumbled =X.

I would not exactly call my words jumbled; rightly speaking, one should be able to understand the statement even if I do not restructure it. I just feel somewhat unsatisfied with the sentence structure, as I am partly a perfectionist.

Kwek
Kwek Wrote:
ahero4heor Wrote:

I would not exactly call my words jumbled; rightly speaking, one should be able to understand the statement even if I do not restructure it. I just feel somewhat unsatisfied with the sentence structure, as I am partly a perfectionist.

Kwek

Okay, makes sense. I was never implying that you jumbled your sentences, but was rather add thats as a side note about myself. See? Already jumbled my words =X! Toungue
ahero4heor Wrote:
Kwek Wrote:
ahero4heor Wrote:

Kwek

Okay, makes sense. I was never implying that you jumbled your sentences, but was rather add thats as a side note about myself. See? Already jumbled my words =X! Toungue
I never thought for a moment you were implying that my words were jumbled; to put it in your words, I was adding that post as a side note about myself. :p

I guess we are confusing each other. Rolleyes
Kwek Wrote:
ahero4heor Wrote:
Kwek Wrote:I would not exactly call my words jumbled; rightly speaking, one should be able to understand the statement even if I do not restructure it. I just feel somewhat unsatisfied with the sentence structure, as I am partly a perfectionist.

Kwek

I never thought for a moment you were implying that my words were jumbled; to put it in your words, I was adding that post as a side note about myself. :p

I guess we are confusing each other. Rolleyes

Lol, I guess so! I'm you and you are me, or is is the other way around? Lol.

I got you confused, which got me confused, which got you confused, which let me and you clear this up. Wow that was confusing...
maybe this site help with englishBig Grin

www.teslcafe.com

have fun
Thanks for the link... But isn't everything in the parentheses in Turkish? So isn't that who it's intended for, a Turkish audience? I can understand how that would help someone with enough English, if they do not know Turkish, that would be the exception.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5