MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A few IE "Bugs"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
HarryWx Wrote:
MrDoom Wrote:I still have IE6 on XP.

Have the same issue on my ie6 but have not noticed it on my newer computer which has ie7.

That whole bar ( Home / about / Downloads / etc ) does show differently on on both computers. On the old one it looks like a solid blue bar from end to end. But on the newer one it is rounded off on the left side and it doesnt go all the way over either. Also have the same issue on the older one with the search forum that someone else reported. Even the sides of the forum look different. Older one looks solid gray while newer one you can see the design.

IE6 can't support the curves so thats why you see a blocky design.
IE should just die its always behind.

But I think its number because of people not really knowing much about web browsers and not willing to change if something works(On most sites). But I also think a big percentage of its users don't have a choice since places such as schools, libraries, and work don't really let you install the browser of your choice.

I would like to see the figures if you took those 3 out Wink .
Tikitiki Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:
MrDoom Wrote:I still have IE6 on XP.

Have the same issue on my ie6 but have not noticed it on my newer computer which has ie7.

That whole bar ( Home / about / Downloads / etc ) does show differently on on both computers. On the old one it looks like a solid blue bar from end to end. But on the newer one it is rounded off on the left side and it doesnt go all the way over either. Also have the same issue on the older one with the search forum that someone else reported. Even the sides of the forum look different. Older one looks solid gray while newer one you can see the design.

IE6 can't support the curves so thats why you see a blocky design.

Yeah i figured as well. Just wondering though how some themers have gotten around this as i have a couple of themes with rounded corners and no issues on my ie6?

Thanks.
They have a background color, so it appears to have a rounded, transparent design, when in fact it doesn't. That's how I would work around it, at least.

Plus, I already told Tiki but no Favicon showing on the mods site...
NetSage Wrote:IE should just die its always behind.
100% agree! Big Grin, but M$ getting better.
NetSage Wrote:But I think its number because of people not really knowing much about web browsers and not willing to change if something works(On most sites). But I also think a big percentage of its users don't have a choice since places such as schools, libraries, and work don't really let you install the browser of your choice.
because of that you have the portable versions...
PortableApps - collection of portable applications
right now I'm using many portable apps on my usb and all the current work of mine is on my usb so I can work anywhere.
I used to have that, but everywhere I go there is Firefox or Word already. So I'm set...

IE is stinky, but getting better every revision! Big Grin
dvb Wrote:because of that you have the portable versions...
PortableApps - collection of portable applications
right now I'm using many portable apps on my usb and all the current work of mine is on my usb so I can work anywhere.
Now that's handy, I'm going to have to install that. Normally I just dump the files from an installed app onto my external hard drive when I want to take it somewhere, heck, I even have my steam account and a few games on my external hard drive so I can play them anywhere Toungue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4