MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: US Aid Figures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Wheel-World Wrote:If i was American and old enough to vote i would vote Barack Obama, I just think you guys need to stop worrying about every one elses problems and Obama seems to understand this and he seems to want to be president for the right reasons.

Is it youth or not having enough knowledge? I believe you lack serious knowledge. You obviously don't understand how the USA shaped this world both economically or otherwise... We've given generously to Many countries in humanitarian efforts over the decades. Fed the poor, Gave countless dollars worth of medicine and technology to save lives ALL OVER THE WORLD. We've given more money than ANY country in the world.... Donated the most for medical research and advancement not to mention the medical advancements we've shared with the world. We've made countries rich when they were so poor and deprived they couldn't live like humans. Gave them work when they had non... We outsourced our jobs and lost ours and gave some countries something when they had nothing. Who's the first country called upon to give money during an international crisis? Who's country usually donates the most to countries in humanitarian aid? THE USA! I could go on forever....

You really know nothing about the USA.

Now, we'll flip the coin

Sure, I would be glad next time someone needs millions, no scratch that... Billions in aid relief to say screw you, we have starving kids and families right here at home that need that money. We need that medicine. We need more police on the streets, we need cleaner cities. We need, we need, we need!!!!! Get my point. Fortunately for a lot of the world most of the USA doesn't think like this.
Should we be in Iraq? No, plain and simple. America knows this. And this time you'll see the change take place that should of 4 years ago. Maybe then we can concentrate on getting the people that caused 911, put everything else to bed and get back to worrying and tending to ourselves and no one else. I agree...

Amazing how this scenario all plays the same whether it's in merchandise, friendship or war.
You have a giving side, a looked up to side, a successful side, a long standing good relationship. A mistake happens, everything good in the past is overlooked until that other side wants something again.

Trust me, I'd have NO PROBLEM not giving another dollar to a foreign country in aid or economic relief again EVER!!!!! Call me a meanie, but all we do is get spit in the face in the end..

Here's where the story changes however THIS time. Obama will be the next US president, you can mark my words on that. Sorry, McCain doesn't stand a chance and stands for nothing but the same. Obama just stated, he will tax the hell out of businesses that are exporting our jobs. So guess what, that free meal ticket is tightening up. Which it should. Obama backs Unions and workers, NOT corporate lobbiests trying to cut the worker down to nothing. And let's not forget about the "orange rolls down hill effect" Once we stop exporting jobs, guess what that means to some foreign countries economies that have stabilized in higher Profits/yields and growth in a steady stable market. It will turn un-stable, jobs will go away, people will get poorer, crime goes back up with the poverty levels and so so much more you can't even grasp. SO I'd be careful what you wish for, it may, just maybe, may effect you either directly or indirectly!!!

We also will stay out of others business if Obama is in. But here's the scenario you'll see now. The USA is then bad because now we are not giving out all this free money and we're so rich and bad for not sharing or caring. So I say, I'd rather be bad and not give a damn dime and live like a king again before dictator Bush was in....
hemi Wrote:
Wheel-World Wrote:If i was American and old enough to vote i would vote Barack Obama, I just think you guys need to stop worrying about every one elses problems and Obama seems to understand this and he seems to want to be president for the right reasons.

Is it youth or not having enough knowledge? I believe you lack serious knowledge. You obviously don't understand how the USA shaped this world both economically or otherwise... We've given generously to Many countries in humanitarian efforts over the decades. Fed the poor, Gave countless dollars worth of medicine and technology to save lives ALL OVER THE WORLD. We've given more money than ANY country in the world.... Donated the most for medical research and advancement not to mention the medical advancements we've shared with the world. We've made countries rich when they were so poor and deprived they couldn't live like humans. Gave them work when they had non... We outsourced our jobs and lost ours and gave some countries something when they had nothing. Who's the first country called upon to give money during an international crisis? Who's country usually donates the most to countries in humanitarian aid? THE USA! I could go on forever....

Now, we'll flip the coin

Sure, I would be glad next time someone needs millions, no scratch that... Billions in aid relief to say screw you, we have starving kids and families right here at home that need that money. We need that medicine. We need more police on the streets, we need cleaner cities. We need, we need, we need!!!!! Get my point. Fortunately for a lot of the world most of the USA doesn't think like this.
Should we be in Iraq? No, plain and simple. America knows this. And this time you'll see the change take place that should of 4 years ago. Maybe then we can concentrate on getting the people that caused 911, put everything else to bed and get back to worrying and tending to ourselves and no one else. I agree...

Amazing how this scenario all plays the same whether it's in merchandise, friendship or war.
You have a giving side, a looked up to side, a successful side, a long standing good relationship. A mistake happens, everything good in the past is overlooked until that other side wants something again.

Trust me, I'd have NO PROBLEM not giving another dollar to a foreign country in aid or economic relief again EVER!!!!! Call me a meanie, but all we do is get spit in the face in the end..

Here's where the story changes however THIS time. Obama will be the next US president, you can mark my words on that. Sorry, McCain doesn't stand a chance and stands for nothing but the same. Obama just stated, he will tax the hell out of businesses that are exporting our jobs. So guess what, that free meal ticket is tightening up. Which it should. Obama backs Unions and workers, NOT corporate lobbiests trying to cut the worker down to nothing. And let's not forget about the "orange rolls down hill effect" Once we stop exporting jobs, guess what that means to some foreign countries economies that have stabilized in higher Profits/yields and growth in a steady stable market. It will turn un-stable, jobs will go away, people will get poorer, crime goes back up with the poverty levels and so so much more you can't even grasp. SO I'd be careful what you wish for, it may, just maybe, may effect you either directly or indirectly!!!

We also will stay out of others business if Obama is in. But here's the scenario you'll see now. The USA is then bad because now we are not giving out all this free money and we're so rich and bad for not sharing or caring. So I say, I'd rather be bad and not give a damn dime and live like a king again before dictator Bush was in....

Here are some statistics from the 2009 (2008 and 2007 are and were pretty similar) US budget:

Total spending for Department of State and Other International Programs: 38,282 (million)

Total Spending for the US department of defence: 651,163 (million)

So the USA spends 17 times more on defence than aid.

Total deaths from the attacks on the world trade center: 2752

Total Iraqi and Afgan civilians killed: 789442

Not to mention the thousands of US troops killed (and 3 Australians).

So 286 times as many people have been killed in revenge for 911 than where killen in 911.

And Ps. No i admit that i do not know much about American affairs and i do not understand the election process but i do like statistics and these statistics are hard to deny. The budget totals were sorced from here: http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/

--Edit---

Here are a few more statistics:
Australia's foregn aid spending: $3.2 billion
Now consider that Australia's population is roughly a fiftyth of The US's population.

I have sourced my statistics from credible sources and i trust that they are correct but if there are any proplems please PM me with a link to the correct source and i will change it.
Wheel-World Wrote:No i admit that i do not know much about American affairs and i do not understand the election process but i do like statistics and these statistics are hard to deny.
He doesn't either.

Hemi seems to ignore what is dollar egemony and how it was accomplished. While america spends some dollars in aid, it earns far more taxating the rest of the world with its inflation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretton_Woods_system
http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congre...021506.htm (Ron Paul, btw)
http://community.myfoxcolorado.com/blogs...Oil_Bourse

Quote:We've given generously to Many countries in humanitarian efforts
Lol, i hope that was ironic. Should i post a big list of "humanitarian efforts" in each country of the world? Please return isolationist, thanks. No generousity needed.
And anyway, I still remember the yellow food aid parcels airdropped in Afghanistan, looking like cluster bomblets.

I can't vote, but anyway, I think that Ron Paul would be the best one (not a good one). And I think that foreign policies of US will never change, no matter the color, tha face or the gender of the president.
ct2k7 Wrote::o - this looks like is going to become an argement soon. Personally, I would vote for Obama, but I am not of sufficient voting age and nor do I live in America.

Were not trying to its just politics requires debate no matter the topic. A lot of people just ramble on about what they think they know but usually don't have all the facts. This is why you have to be able to take what your opponent gives you and make sure you find a way to use it to your advantage instead of giving them another thing to counter Wink.

darkteller and Wheel-World were just pointing out facts that hemi(Nothing againsts him) didn't provide to backup his ideas.

But I see another Ron Paul person to bad everyone who says him isn't of voting age (including me) Toungue
Wheel-World Wrote:
hemi Wrote:

Now, we'll flip the coin

Here are some statistics from the 2009 (2008 and 2007 are and were pretty similar) US budget:

Total spending for Department of State and Other International Programs: 38,282 (million)

Total Spending for the US department of defence: 651,163 (million)

So the USA spends 17 times more on defence than aid.

Total deaths from the attacks on the world trade center: 2752

So 286 times as many people have been killed in revenge for 911 than where killen in 911.

And Ps. No i admit that i do not know much about American affairs and i do not understand the election process but i do like statistics and these statistics are hard to deny. The budget totals were sorced from here: http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/

--Edit---

Here are a few more statistics:
Australia's foregn aid spending: $3.2 billion
Now consider that Australia's population is roughly a fiftyth of The US's population.

I have sourced my statistics from credible sources and i trust that they are correct but if there are any proplems please PM me with a link to the correct source and i will change it.

OMG... You addressed a small issue out of the many statements I made. THEN, you didn't leave your countries stats..... O.o Well, here you go...

Here, taken from Austrailias own Govt page. I can't believe you didn't look this up...
http://www.ausaid.gov.au/budget/budget07/summary07.cfm

Quote:TOTAL ESTIMATED ODA: $3,155.3 million

USA: 38,282 (million)

And btw... some of your countres figures are estimated over 4 years according to your budget.... O.o Not just 2 years. That means even less is given during the budget handouts....

O.o

Now, as I mentioned earlier, DECADES we've given the most!!! USA!
Quote:Here are some statistics from the 2009 (2008 and 2007 are and were pretty similar) US budget:

WRONG! Just proved that!

Quote:Total Spending for the US department of defence: 651,163 (million)

So what's your point. Before the Iraq war the UN called upon the US many times to provide soldiers all over this world. Again, others including the USA in their business and whining for help.

Quote:Total deaths from the attacks on the world trade center: 2752

Unfortunatly, you had nothing to back your comments and you had to resort to the Iraq war because that's all you know about the USA. Very little as I stated earlier... I also admitted the Iraq war was wrong, yet you feel the need to throw that back at an American who agrees the war wasn't right.

Again, in black and white.... Kick a dog when he's down and he's been a good friend, watch what happens when he gets back on his feet!!
darkteller Wrote:
Wheel-World Wrote:No i admit that i do not know much about American affairs and i do not understand the election process but i do like statistics and these statistics are hard to deny.
He doesn't either.

Hemi seems to ignore what is dollar egemony and how it was accomplished. While america spends some dollars in aid, it earns far more taxating the rest of the world with its inflation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bretton_Woods_system
http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congre...021506.htm (Ron Paul, btw)
http://community.myfoxcolorado.com/blogs...Oil_Bourse

Quote:We've given generously to Many countries in humanitarian efforts
Lol, i hope that was ironic. Should i post a big list of "humanitarian efforts" in each country of the world? Please return isolationist, thanks. No generousity needed.
And anyway, I still remember the yellow food aid parcels airdropped in Afghanistan, looking like cluster bomblets.

I can't vote, but anyway, I think that Ron Paul would be the best one (not a good one). And I think that foreign policies of US will never change, no matter the color, tha face or the gender of the president.

Lol, here we go...

Each country in the world had their own currencies and controlled their own fate. Their choice to buy into the American system was theirs throughout time. Ron Paul is a Neo-Con imo... Most foriegners would vote for him... He says what they think and not know. That's why he LOST as bad as he did! He's an extremist and idiot. Man, this guy wasn't even on the radar...

Quote:And anyway, I still remember the yellow food aid parcels airdropped in Afghanistan, looking like cluster bomblets.
I would say you should be thankful you got fed!
And here's another lesson for Ya'll Smile

http://www.globalissues.org/TradeRelated/Debt/USAid.asp

This will teach you about trade and aid too. We not only give millions in physical direct help, but also in-directly through economics as I stated earlier!

And the ONLY country to ever come close to the USA In humanitarian efforts is Japan. Offset the few times they out donated us with direct help, I would say with the economics trade we more than evened out and may of even surpassed Japan those few times.

And btw-We could give more, but we give the most anyhow. That should be good enough. If not, Please by all means Australia, take over and let me keep my money!!!

Regards
And how about you factor in the size, population and GDP of the US when making your comparisons and stop making multiple posts one after another, one will suffice just fine.

Finally... take a chill pill.
MrDoom Wrote:And how about you factor in the size, population and GDP of the US

Don't think so MrDoom.Smile Just the point I made here

Quote:And btw-We could give more, but we give the most anyhow. That should be good enough. If not, Please by all means Australia, take over and let me keep my money!!!

We do not need to factor anything in. It's our money not anyone elses! We do not owe anyone a certain percent of anything. Instead of expecting the USA to support the world, be thankful we give anything at all as far as I am concerned. Be thankful we donate the most becasue if we didn't, who'd make up for it?

Quote:stop making multiple posts one after another, one will suffice just fine

If you'd read my sign-up date and past you'd see I'm not a post hog. DUH Mr.Doom... You can also use the words "please" instead of making yourself and MyBB look rude, we're trying to gain users, not lose them. You can also use the PM system BTW!!!

Quote:Finally... take a chill pill.
I believe that's something you should seriously consider as no one is un-chilled ... And giving anyone orders is un-acceptable! It amazes me how the internet has desensitized people into talking to others like dogs.
Pages: 1 2 3 4